Denise Comer's research interests include composition, nineteenth-century British literature, travel writing, and women's studies. Her current scholarship focuses on issues of the profession in composition and rhetoric, as well as Romantic and Victorian British women's travel writing in India.
- Academic writing, Critical pedagogy, Open learning, Writing
- Recent Publications
- Baker, RS; Wang, Y; Paquette, L; Aleven, V; Popescu, O; Sewall, J; Rosé, C; Tomar, GS; Ferschke, O; Zhang, J; Cennamo, MJ; Ogden, S; Condit, T; Diaz, J; Crossley, S; McNamara, DS; Comer, DK; Lynch, CF; Brown, R; Barnes, T; Bergner, Y, Educational Data Mining, in Data Mining And Learning Analytics: Applications in Educational Research (2019), pp. 55-66, JOHN WILEY & SONS INC [doi] [abs].
- Comer, DK; Wang, E, Negativity in MOOCs: Impacts on Learning and Teaching and How Instructional Teams May Be Able to Address It, Insight: a Journal of Scholarly Teaching (March, 2015), Park University.
- Comer, DK, Writing for Success in College and Beyond: A Webtext (March, 2015), Fountainhead Press.
- Writing in Transit with Readings, edited by Comer, DK (March, 2015), Fountainhead Press.
- Comer, DK, Writing in Transit. A WID Reader (2015), Fountainhead Press.