Late and Medieval Latin Literature; early medieval homiletics, monastic culture; the history of the book; the Classical Tradition in literature, post-classical experiences of Rome and Italy, and the pre-modern in new media.
- Representative Publications
- with Rice, L; Woods, JC, Domenico Allegri, Music for an Academic Defense (Rome, 1617), in Recent Researches in the Music of the Music of the Baroque, edited by John, A no. 134 (Spring, 2004), A-R Editions.
- Woods, JC, A contribution to the King’s Library: Paul the Deacon’s epitome of Festus’ De verborum significatu, in Verrius, Festus and Paul: Lexicography, Scholarship and Society, edited by Glinister, F; Woods, JC; North, J; Crawford, M (2007), pp. 222-276.
- Woods, JC, Six New Sermons by Hrabanus Maurus on the Virtues and Vices, In Revue Bénédictine, vol. 107 (1997), pp. 280-306.
- Woods, JC, Review of: Mario de Nonno, Paolo de Paolis (eds.) Manuscripts and the Tradition of Grammatical Texts from Antiquity to the Renaissance (2 vols), Cassino, 2000, Classical Review, vol. 55 no. 1 (2005), pp. 165-167 (Proceedings of a Conference held at Erice, 16-23 October 1997, as the 11th Course of International School for the study of Written Records.) [abs].
- Woods, JC, Review of Bengt Lofstedt (ed), Hrabani Mauri Expositio in Matthaeum CCCM 174-174A, Turnhout: Brepols, 2000, Journal of Medieval Latin, vol. 13 (2004), pp. 271-274.
- Woods, JC, Review of A. Moscadi, Il Festo Farnesiano, Classical Review, vol. 52 no. 1 (2002), pp. 197-198.
- Woods, JC, Review of F. A. C. Mantello and A. G. Rigg (eds), Medieval Latin: An Introduction and Bibliographical Guide, Catholic Univ. of America Press, 1996, Medium Aevum, vol. 67 no. 2 (1998), pp. 316-318.