- The Intimate Economies of Bangkok: Tomboys, Tycoons, and Avon Ladies in The Global City. University of California,
- "Intimacy: A Useful Concept for Global Analysis." The Global & the Intimate. Edited by Victoria Rosner & Geraldine Pratt. 2012. [PDF]
- "NGOs as Erotic Sites." Development, Sexual Rights and Global Governance. Edited by Amy Lind. January, 2010.
- "Medical Tourism in Bangkok." Asian Biotech. Edited by Aihwa Ong and Nancy Chen. 2010. [PDF]
- "Plural Economies and Gendered Resistance in Bangkok." On the Edges of Development: Cultural Interventions. Edited by John Foran, Kum-Kum Bhavnani, Priya Kurian, Debashish Munshi. November, 2008.
- "Diasporic agents and trans-Asian flows in the making of Asian modernity." Everyday Politics of the World Economy. Edited by Hobson & Seabrooke. 2007. [catalogue.asp] [Diasporic Agents 2007 pdf]
- "The Transnational Geography of Sexual Rights." Truth Claims: Representation and Human Rights. Eds. Mark Philip Bradley and Patrice Petro. Pp. 253-265. New Brunswick: Rutgers University Press. 2003. [Transnational Sexual Rights Pdf]
- "Bangkok, the Bubble City." Wounded Cities: Destruction and Reconstruction in a Globalized World. 2003.
- "American Catalogues of Asian Brides." 1988.
- A. Wilson. "Anthropology and the Political Philsophy of Hardt and Negri: Introduction." Focaal Special Theme Issue on Hardt & Negri (2012). [Wilson Focaal Introduction 2012]
- "National Economy and Bodily Scales: Medical Tourism in Thailand." Body and Society Special Issue on Medical Migrations (2011).
- "Sexuelle Gerechtigkeit und die globalisierungskritische Bewegung." Translation and reprint of "Sex at the Forum"
Luxembourg. 1 (2010).
- "Post-Fordist Desires: The Commodity Aesthetics of Bangkok Sex Shows." Feminist Legal Studies (December,
December, 2009). [Proof of Post-fordist desires] [abs]
- "The Sacred Geography of Bangkok's Markets." International Journal of Urban and Regional Research 32:3 (Fall,
2008): 631 - 642.
- "The Empire of Direct Sales and the Making of Thai Entrepreneurs." Critique of Anthropology (1999).
- "“Report: Lesbian Visibility and Sexual Rights at Beijing”." Signs 22 (1996): 214-218. [Lesbians at Beijing conference]
- Ara Wilson. "Urban Sexualities." Wiley Blackwell Companion to Urban Anthropology (2013).
- A. Wilson, "Queer Isles: Review, Tom Boellstorff, THE GAY ARCHIPELEGO". GLQ 14:4 (2008): 659-663.
- A. Wilson, "Nicole Constable, ROMANCE ON THE GLOBAL STAGE". American Anthropologist 106/4 (2004).
Work in Progress
- A.A. Wilson. Sexual Latitudes: The Erotic Life of Globalization. 2010. [abs]
- A.A. Wilson. Medical Tourism Project. 2010. [abs]
- "SEX AT THE FORUM: SEXUAL JUSTICE AND THE ALTER-GLOBALIZATION MOVEMENT." Scholar and the Feminist (Barnard) 7:3 (Summer,
2009). Summer, 2009
- "Feminism in the Space of the World Social Forum." Journal of International Women’s Studies special issue on the World Social Forum8:3 (April,
- "Queering Asia." Intersections 14 ().
- "“Global Politics and the Feminist Question”." ebr (electronic book review) (). 2006
- "Intra-Asian Circuits and the Problem of Global Queer." Conference Archives of the Sexualities, Genders & Rights in Asia 1st International Conference of Asian Queer Studies (). 2005
- Special Issue: Anthropology and the Radical Political Philosophy of Antonio Negri and Michael Hardt. Focaal (2012). (Guest editor, Special Issue) [abs]
- A. Wilson. "Feminism: International and Global Institutions and Networks." The Oxford Encyclopedia of Women in World History. Ed. Bonnie Smith Oxford,
forthcoming 2007. (Encyclopedia entry)
- A. Wilson. "Thailand and Sex Tourism." The Palgrave Dictionary of Transnational History. Palgrave Macmillan,
2005. (Encyclopedia Entry (brief))
- A. Wilson. "Patriarchy in Feminist Theory." Routledge International Encyclopedia of Women. Ed. Cheris Kramarae, Dale Spender 2000: 1493-1497.