Claudia Koonz, Professor and Peabody Family Chair, History
|Office Location:|| 333 Carr Building|
|Office Phone:|| (919) 684-3941 |
|Email Address: ||
- PhD Rutgers University 1969
- MA Columbia University 1964
- BA University of Wisconsin-Madison 1962
- Research Interests:
I am active as co-director of the Duke Refugee Action Project, as well as with summer and post grad internship training in Croatia, Central America and other areas. In addition, I am the current president of the Berkshire Conference for Women Historians.
My interests are in 20th Century German History,
Women's History, and genocide.
Recent Publications (More Publications)
- Curriculum Vitae
- C. Koonz. "Agency, Gender, and Race in Nazi Germany." Gender Politics and Mass Dictatorships: Between Mobilization and Liberation Ed. Jie-Hyun Lim and Karen Petrone. Korean edition (I can't read the name of the Press)Blackwell will release English ed on Jan 11, 2011,
Fall, Fall, 2010, 61-91. [abs]
- C. Koonz. "Hijab: A Word in Motion." Words in Motion: Toward a Global Lexicon. Edited by Anna Tsing and Carol Gluck. 2009. [books.php3]
- C. Koonz. "NEBENSTRANG UND HAUPTSTRÖMUNG:." Geschlecht in moderner deutschen Geschichte. Edited by Karen Hagemann and Jean H. Quataert. 2008.
- C. Koonz. "A Tributary and a Mainstream: Gender, Public Memory, and the Historiography of Nazi Germany." Gendering Modern German History. Edited by Karen Hagemann and Jean H. Quataert. 2008: 147-168. (www.berghahnbooks.com)