Martha Reeves, Sociology
|Office Location:|| 2016 Campus Drive|
|Office Phone:|| (919) 660-5696 |
|Email Address: ||
Teaching (Fall 2013):
Teaching (Spring 2014):
- Mms 190fs.01, Special topics
- West duke 108a, TuTh 11:45 AM-01:00 PM
- Mms 250.01, Integrated marketing comm
- Carr 240, TuTh 03:05 PM-04:20 PM
- Womenst 221.01, Women at work
- Crowell 108, MW 03:05 PM-04:20 PM
- (also cross-listed as SOCIOL 331.01)
- Sociol 358.01, Markets and marketing
- Old chem 116, M 06:15 PM-08:45 PM
Recent Publications (More Publications)
- Research Interests:
Dr. Reeves received her BA from the University of Montana, her MA from Truman State University, and her Ph.D. in human resources management and industrial relations from the University of Keele, United Kingdom. She has published articles on reward management, virtual teams, and appraisal systems and is the author of Suppressed, Forced Out and Fired (Greenwood Press, 2000), focusing on the mechanisms of gender discrimination at work.
- "Supply Chain Management in Sri Lanka." Female Entrepreneurship and the New Venture Creation. Edited by Dana Kariv. September, September, 2013: 174-180.
- M. Reeves. "Brand Partnerships as Joint Ventures: A comparison of Two Partnerships in the Small, Non-Profit Arena." Journal of Brand Management (Accepted, 2012). [abs]
- M. Reeves. "Microfinance and Mobile Banking for the Bottom of the Pyramid." Journal of Enterprising Communities: People, Places in the Global Economy (Accepted, 2012).
- M. Reeves. "Sri-Lanka: Supply Chain Problems for New Venture Creation." Anthology will be coming out Nov. 2012
Female Entrepreneurship and the New Venture Creation (Accepted, 2012).
- with Brady, Reeves, Isaacs, Reynolds. ""SECTOR, SIZE, STABILITY, AND SCANDAL: EXPLAINING THE PRESENCE OF FEMALE EXECUTIVES IN FORTUNE 500"." Gender and Management (November,
Accepted, November, 2010): 25.