Martha Reeves, Visiting Professor of Sociology and Women's Studies and Associate Director of Markets & Management Studies
|Office Location:|| 140 Science Drive, Rm 110, Gross Hall, Durham, NC 27708|
|Office Phone:|| (919) 660-5696 |
|Email Address: ||
Teaching (Spring 2016):
- Womenst 221.01, Women at work
- Perkins 060, MW 03:05 PM-04:20 PM
- (also cross-listed as SOCIOL 331.05)
- Sociol 358.02, Markets and marketing
- Allen 226, W 06:15 PM-08:45 PM
- Ph.D. Keele University (UK) 1999
Recent Publications (More Publications)
- Research Interests:
Dr. Reeves received her BA from the University of Montana, her MA from Truman State University, and her Ph.D. in human resources management and industrial relations from the University of Keele, United Kingdom. She has published articles on reward management, virtual teams, and appraisal systems and is the author of Suppressed, Forced Out and Fired (Greenwood Press, 2000), focusing on the mechanisms of gender discrimination at work.
- M. Reeves. "21c Museum Hotels: A Company Breaking Branding and Product Conventions." Journal of Brand Strategy 4:3 (2015): 243-250. [abs]
- M. Reeves. "Business and Management Strategies in Healthcare." I was a contributor and consultant.
Business and Management Strategies in Healthcare (September,
- M. Reeves. "Leadership and Management in the Biopharmaceutical Industry." I was a contributor and consultant for this publication
Leadership and Management in the Biopharmaceutical Industry (August,
- M Reeves. "Supply Chain Management in Sri Lanka." Female Entrepreneurship and the New Venture Creation. Edited by D Kariv. September, September, 2013: 174-180.
- M Reeves and N Sabharwal. "Microfinance and mobile banking for the bottom of the pyramid." Journal of Enterprising Communities: People and Places in the Global Economy 7:2 (May,
2013): 155-166. [doi]