Adjunct Instructor of Education
Office Location: 2024 West Main Street, Durham, NC 27705
Office Phone: (919) 613-1465
Email Address: email@example.com
Ph.D., University of Edinburgh (United Kingdom), 2009
Teaching (Fall 2020):
- HOUSECS 59.08, House course (sp top)
- Keohane 4b 402 sem, M 06:00 PM-07:30 PM
- EDUC 89S.01, First-year seminar (top)
- Class bldg 136, M 03:05 PM-05:35 PM; Crowell 107, W 04:40 PM-05:55 PM
- PUBPOL 645S.01, Global inequality research
- Rubenstein 151, Tu 10:05 AM-12:35 PM
- Hollowell, A, Paul Ramsey,
in Just War Thinkers From Cicero to the 21st Century, edited by O'Driscoll, C; Brunstetter, D
(August, 2017), Routledge [abs].
- Hollowell, AE, Power and Purpose Paul Ramsey and Contemporary Christian Political Theology
pp. 240 pages, Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing [abs].
- Hollowell, A, Tablet and Sword: Religion and Violence in Recent Popular Scholarship on the Muslim World,
Journal of Inter Religious Dialogue no. 11
pp. 61-70 .
- Hollowell, A, Just War and Statecraft in Paul Ramsey’s Reading of Luke 14:28-33,
The Journal of Scriptural Reasoning, vol. 11 no. 1
(August, 2012) .
- Hollowell, AE; Burk, JK, Paul Ramsey and Reinhold Niebuhr on a Public Theology of Tragedy and the Problem of Dirty Hands,
International Journal of Public Theology, vol. 5 no. 4
pp. 458-475, Brill [doi] [abs].
Adam Hollowell serves as Senior Research Associate at the Samuel DuBois Cook Center on Social Equity and Faculty Director of the Benjamin N. Duke Memorial Scholarship Program. He completed his Ph.D. and M.Th. in theological ethics at the University of Edinburgh, Scotland and his A.B. at Duke University, where he was a B.N. Duke Scholar. His teaching and research focus broadly on ethics, religion, race, and public policy. His courses include Ethics in an Unjust World (PUBPOL 283) and Race and Public Policy (PUBPOL 190FS). He is the author of Power and Purpose: Paul Ramsey and Contemporary Christian Political Theology, which was recommended for Best First Book Award, Society of Christian Ethics. Follow him on Twitter at @aehollowell.