Assistant Professor of Women's Studies
Office Location: 2204 Erwin Road Room 226, Box 90414, Durham, NC 27708
Office Phone: (919) 668-3849
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Page: http://sites.duke.edu/dukeinthearabworld2013/2013/06/25/human-language/
Ph.D., Columbia University, 2004
M.A., Columbia University, 1998
B.A., Brown University, 1992
Research Categories: Arabic literature and language; cultural studies of the Middle East; feminist theologies in Islam
Teaching (Spring 2019):
- AMES 295S.01, Black muslims
- White 106, W 03:05 PM-05:35 PM
- AMES 319S.01, Andalusia
- Bivins 114, Th 11:45 AM-02:15 PM
- McLarney, E, FREEDOM, JUSTICE, and the POWER of ADAB,
International Journal of Middle East Studies, vol. 48 no. 1
pp. 25-46, Cambridge University Press (CUP) [doi] [abs].
- E.A. McLarney, The Redemption of Women’s Liberation: Reviving Qasim Amin,
in Transformations of Modern Arab Thought: Intellectual History after the Liberal Age, edited by Max Weiss and Jens Hanssen
(2016), Princeton University Press .
- E.A. McLarney, On Constitutions and Women’s Rights: Egypt in 2012 and 2014,
in Women's Rights in the Aftermath of the Arab Spring, edited by Fatima Sadiqi
- McLarney, EA, Soft force: Women in Egypt's Islamic awakening
pp. 1-312, Princeton University Press [html] [abs].
- McLarney, E, Zaynab al-Ghazali,
in Encyclopaedia of Islam
(2015), BRILL .