Ellen A. McLarney
Office Location: 2204 Erwin Road 226
Office Phone: (919) 668-3849, (919) 668-2603
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ph.D., Columbia University, 2004
MA, Columbia University, 1998
Research Categories: Arabic literature and language; cultural studies of the Middle East; feminist theologies in Islam
Teaching (Fall 2014):
- AMES 328S.01, Literary islam
- Franklin center 028, W 03:05 PM-05:35 PM
- AMES 329S.01, Islamic media
- East duke 108, Tu 03:05 PM-05:35 PM
- Women's Rights in the Egyptian Constitution: (Neo)Liberalism's Family Values,
(May 22, 2013) [womens-rights-in-the-egyptian-constitution_%28neo%29li] .
- American Freedom and Islamic Fascism: Ideology in the Hall of Mirrors,
Theory and Event, vol. 14 no. 3
(September, 2011) [Word, PDF].
- Samira Haj, Reconfiguring Islamic Tradition: Reform, Rationality, and Modernity,
International Journal of Middle Eastern Studies
- The Islamic Public Sphere and the Discipline of Adab,
International Journal of Middle Eastern Studies, vol. 43 no. 3
pp. 429-449 [PDF].
- E.A. McLarney and B. Gokariksel (co-editors), Marketing Muslim Women, Special Issue,
Journal of Middle East Women's Studies
(Fall, 2010) .