Ellen A. McLarney
Office Location: 2204 Erwin Road 226
Office Phone: (919) 668-3849, (919) 668-2603
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ph.D., Columbia University, 2004
MA, Columbia University, 1998
Research Categories: Arabic literature and language; cultural studies of the Middle East; feminist theologies in Islam
Teaching (Fall 2015):
- AMES 319S.01, Andalusia
- Physics 299, Th 03:05 PM-05:35 PM
- AMES 325.01, Islamic awakening
- East duke 108, Tu 03:05 PM-05:35 PM
- E.A. McLarney, Soft Force: Women in Egypt's Islamic Awakening
(2015), Princeton University Press [html] .
- E.A. McLarney, The Redemption of Women’s Liberation: Reviving Qasim Amin,
in Transformations of Modern Arab Thought: Intellectual History after the Liberal Age, edited by Max Weiss and Jens Hanssen
(2015), Princeton University Press .
- E.A. McLarney, On Constitutions and Women’s Rights: Egypt in 2012 and 2014,
in Women's Rights in the Aftermath of the Arab Spring, edited by Fatima Sadiqi
- Women's Rights in the Egyptian Constitution: (Neo)Liberalism's Family Values,
(May 22, 2013) [womens-rights-in-the-egyptian-constitution_%28neo%29li] .
- American Freedom and Islamic Fascism: Ideology in the Hall of Mirrors,
Theory and Event, vol. 14 no. 3
(September, 2011) [Word, PDF].