Andrew W. Mellon Assistant Professor
Assistant Professor of Women's Studies and Director of Undergraduate Students
Office Location: 2204 Erwin Road Room 226, Box 90414, Durham, NC 27708
Office Phone: (919) 668-3849
Email Address: email@example.com
Web Page: http://sites.duke.edu/dukeinthearabworld2013/2013/06/25/human-language/
Ph.D., Columbia University, 2004
M.A., Columbia University, 1998
B.A., Brown University, 1992
Research Categories: Arabic literature and language; cultural studies of the Middle East; feminist theologies in Islam
Teaching (Fall 2016):
- AMES 328S.01, Literary islam
- Carr 125, Tu 03:05 PM-05:35 PM
- AMES 375S.01, Middle east and latin america
- West duke 202, Th 03:05 PM-05:35 PM
- E McLarney, FREEDOM, JUSTICE, AND THE POWER OF ADAB,
International Journal of Middle East Studies, vol. 48 no. 01
pp. 25-46 [doi] [abs].
- E.A. McLarney, The Redemption of Women’s Liberation: Reviving Qasim Amin,
in Transformations of Modern Arab Thought: Intellectual History after the Liberal Age, edited by Max Weiss and Jens Hanssen
(2016), Princeton University Press .
- E.A. McLarney, On Constitutions and Women’s Rights: Egypt in 2012 and 2014,
in Women's Rights in the Aftermath of the Arab Spring, edited by Fatima Sadiqi
- EA McLarney, Soft force: Women in Egypt's Islamic awakening,
pp. 1-312, Princeton University Press [html] [abs].
- E McLarney, Zaynab al-Ghazali,
in Encyclopaedia of Islam,
(2015), Brill .