David Rabiner, Research Professor of Psychology and Neuroscience and Senior Associate Dean of Trinity College and Director of the Academic Advising Center and Affiliate of Center for Child and Family Policy
- Contact Info:
Teaching (Spring 2018):
- Psy 744.02, Clinical practicum
- Soc/psych 312a, W 03:05 PM-04:20 PM
- Ph.D. Duke University 1987
- A.B., Magna cum Laude Brown University, Providence, RI 1980
Youth Violence Prevention
- Research Interests:
My current work focuses on interventions to improve academic performance in children with attention difficulties and a variety of other issues related to ADHD. I recently completed a study funded by the Department of Education of two different computerized interventions for elementary school students with attention difficulties. Another recently completed study, funded by the National Institute of Drug Abuse, examined the misuse and abuse of ADHD medications among college students. I also have long standing interests in improving the quality of care received by children with ADHD and in the relationship between children's social experience and their social cognitive functioning.
- Areas of Interest:
attention problems and academic achievement
abuse of ADHD medications
- Curriculum Vitae
- Recent Publications
- Murray, DW; Rabiner, DL; Kuhn, L; Pan, Y; Sabet, RF, Investigating teacher and student effects of the Incredible Years Classroom Management Program in early elementary school,
Journal of School Psychology
(November, 2017) [doi].
- Rabiner, DL; Carrig, MM; Dodge, KA, Attention Problems and Academic Achievement: Do Persistent and Earlier-Emerging Problems Have More Adverse Long-Term Effects?,
Journal of Attention Disorders, vol. 20 no. 11
pp. 946-957 [doi] [abs].
- Rabiner, DL; Godwin, J; Dodge, KA, Predicting Academic Achievement and Attainment: The Contribution of Early Academic Skills, Attention Difficulties, and Social Competence,
School psychology review, vol. 45 no. 2
pp. 250-267 [doi].
- Rowland, AS; Skipper, BJ; Umbach, DM; Rabiner, DL; Campbell, RA; Naftel, AJ; Sandler, DP, The Prevalence of ADHD in a Population-Based Sample.,
Journal of Attention Disorders, vol. 19 no. 9
pp. 741-754 [doi] [abs].
- Young, AS; Rabiner, D, Racial/ethnic differences in parent-reported barriers to accessing children's health services,
Psychological Services, vol. 12 no. 3
pp. 267-273 [doi] [abs].
Duke University * Arts & Sciences * Faculty * Staff * Reload * Login