Research Interests for Alex Aguado
Research Interests: Geometric topology, Mapping class groups
Most of my interests are concerned with understanding things
geometrically or understanding geometric objects. At the moment I working with mapping class groups from an algebro-geometric point of view.
I also have a mild side interest on set-theoretic topology and the foundations of mathematics.
My research as an undergraduate was in the areas of graph theory and design theory.
- Areas of Interest:
- Mapping class groups
Low dimensional manifolds
Moduli spaces and arithmetic geometry
- Representative Publications
- Alejandro Aguado, On group designs and the social golfer problem
(in preparation 2012)
- Alejandro Aguado, A short note on mapping cylinders,
- Alejandro Aguado, On the cardinality of the Kuratowski family,
Mathematics Magazine (Problem 1888), vol. 85 (1) & 86 (1)
(February, 2012 & 2013) 
- Alejandro Aguado and Saad I. El-Zanati, On σ-labeling the union of three cycles.,
Journal of Combinatorial Mathematics and Combinatorial Computing, vol. 64
pp. 33-48 [MR2389065]
- Alejandro Aguado, Saad I. El-Zanati, et al., On ρ-labeling the union of three cycles,
The Australasian Journal of Combinatorics, vol. 37
pp. 155-170 [MR2284379 (2007k:05190)]
- Alejandro Aguado, A 10 days solution to the social golfer problem, Math games: Social Golfer problem, edited by Ed Pegg Jr.
(2004), MAA Online [html] [author's comments]