Math @ Duke
Jianfeng Lu, Assistant Professor of Mathematics and Chemistry and Physics
Mathematical analysis and algorithm development for problems from computational physics, theoretical chemistry, material sciences and others.
- Contact Info:
Teaching (Fall 2015):
Teaching (Spring 2016):
- MATH 635.01, FUNCTIONAL ANALYSIS
- Physics 259, MW 08:30 AM-09:45 AM
- MATH 563.01, SCIENTIFIC COMPUTING II
- Physics 119, MW 03:05 PM-04:20 PM
- Office Hours:
- Tuesday 12:30-1:20pm and 2:45pm to 4:30pm or by email appointments
- Research Interests:
Mathematical analysis and algorithm development for problems from
computational physics, theoretical chemistry, materials science and others.
Electronic structure and many body problems;
Multiscale modeling and analysis; and
Rare events and sampling techniques.
- Areas of Interest:
- Applied Mathematics
Partial Differential Equations
- Curriculum Vitae
- Current Ph.D. Students
- Postdocs Mentored
- Haizhao Yang (July, 2015 - present)
- Zhennan Zhou (August, 2014 - present)
- Undergraduate Research Supervised
- Jeremy Tay (September, 2015 - present)
- Fuchsia Chen (January, 2015 - present)
- Leslie Lei (May, 2013 - May, 2014)
- Recent Grant Support
- CAREER: Research and training in advanced computational methods for quantum and statistical mechanics, National Science Foundation, 1454939, 2015/09-2020/08.
- Collaborative Research: SI2-SSI: ELSI-Infrastructure for Scalable Electronic Structure Theory, National Science Foundation, 1450280, 2015/06-2019/05.
- Mathematical Problems for Electronic Structure Models, National Science Foundation, DMS-1312659, 2013/07-2016/06.
Duke University, Box 90320
Durham, NC 27708-0320