Math @ Duke
Mariano Marcano-Velázquez, Visiting Assistant Professor
Please note: Mariano has left the Mathematics department at Duke University; some info here might not be up to date.
- Contact Info:
|Office Location: ||217A Physics Bldg|
|Office Phone: ||(919) 660-2802 |
|Email Address: |
- Ph. D. Applied Mathematics and Statistics, State University of New York at Stony Brook, 1998.
M. S. Applied Mathematics, University of Puerto Rico, Río Piedras, 1990.
B. S. Mathematics, University of Puerto Rico, Cayey, 1986.
- Research Interests: Inverse Problem and Mathematical Biology
- Recent Publications
- Mariano Marcano-Velázquez and Pablo V. Negrón-Marrero, The numericalsolution of the von Kármán equations using multigrid methods,
Congressus Numerantium, vol. 94, (1993), pp. 17-28
- R. P. Tewarson and M. Marcano, Use of generalized inverse in a renaloptimization problem,
Inverse Problems in Engineering, vol. 5, (1997), pp. 1-9
- R. P. Tewarson, W. Toro, and M. Marcano, Preferential interaction andinverse problem algorithms in models of renal concentrating mechanism,
Appl. Math. Letters, vol. 11, (1998), pp. 51-59
Duke University, Box 90320
Durham, NC 27708-0320