Math @ Duke
Mathematics Faculty: Research Interests
- Pankaj K Agarwal, Computational and combinatorial geometry, computational biology, robotics, spatial databases, geographic ...
- Paul S Aspinwall, String Theory
- J. Thomas Beale, Partial Differential Equations and Fluid Mechanics
- Hubert L. Bray, Geometric Analysis, General Relativity, Astrophysics
- Robert L Bryant, Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations and Differential Geometry
- Rick Durrett, Probability problems that arise from genetics and ecology, especially stochastic ...
- Richard M Hain, Topology of Algebraic Varieties, Hodge Theory, and Moduli of Curves
- John Harer, Computational Topology, Computational Biology, Algorithms
- Harold Layton, Mathematical Physiology
- Jian-Guo Liu, Applied Mathematics, Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations.
- Mauro Maggioni, Harmonic analysis, with applications to statistical analysis of high-dimensional data, machine learning, imaging.
- Jonathan C. Mattingly, Applied mathematics, Probability, Ergodic Theory, Stochastic partial differential equations, Stochastic dynamical systems, Stochastic Numerical methods, Fluids
- Ezra Miller, Geometry, algebra, combinatorics, algorithms, probability, statistics, biology and other applications
- William L Pardon, Algebra and Geometry of Varieties
- Arlie O Petters,
- Michael C Reed, Analysis, Applications of Mathematics to Physiology and Medicine
- Donald Rose, Numerical solution of nonlinear algebraic and differential equations, numerical linear ...
- Leslie D. Saper, Locally symmetric varieties, Number theory and automorphic forms,
L2-cohomology and intersection cohomology, Geometrical analysis of singularities
- Chad Schoen, Algebraic Geometry
- Mark A Stern, Geometric Analysis, Yang-Mills theory, Hodge theory, string theory
- John Trangenstein, Adaptive mesh refinement, Multigrid preconditioners
- Stephanos Venakides, Integrable systems, Wave motion in complex media, Mathematical biology
- Thomas P. Witelski, Fluid Dynamics, Perturbation Methods, Asymptotic Analysis, Nonlinear Ordinary and Partial differential equations
- David Kraines, Algebraic Topology and Game Theory
- Anita T Layton, Mathematical physiology; Multiscale numerical methods; Numerical methods for immersed boundary problems.
- Sayan Mukherjee, Computational biology, geometry and topology, machine learning
- Lenhard L Ng, Symplectic geometry, Low dimensional topology, Contact geometry, Knot theory, Holomorphic curves
- M. Ronen Plesser, String Theory and Quantum Field Theory
- Jayce R. Getz, Number theory
- Jianfeng Lu, Mathematical analysis and algorithm development for problems from computational physics, ...
- James Nolen, Partial differential equations, stochastic processes, random media, applied mathematics, asymptotic analysis
Assistant Research Professors
- Ellen Gasparovic, differential topology, singularity theory, applications of topology to medical image analysis, shape analysis, topological data analysis
Professors of the Practice of Mathematics
- Lewis D Blake, Teaching mathematics ...
- Emily Braley, Mathematics Education
- Clark B Bray, Algebraic Topology
- Jonathan M. Wahl, Algebraic Geometry
- Marcus C Werner, Geometry and topology in physics, especially gravitational lensing theory. Relativity, ...
- William K Allard, Scientific computing, particularly distributed computing; differential geometry; geometric measure theory; partial differential equations.
- Jack Bookman, Mathematics Education
- Richard E Hodel, Set-theoretic Topology, set theory, logic
- Joseph Kitchen, Functional Analysis
- Lawrence C Moore, Mathematics Education and Functional Analysis
- David G Schaeffer, Applied Mathematics, especially Partial Differential Equations
- David A Smith, Mathematics Education
- Xin Zhou, Partial Differential Equations and Integrable Systems
- Rann Bar-On, Mathematics Education
Post Docs/Research Associates
- Luca F. Di Cerbo, Complex geometry, gauge theory, locally symmetric varieties
- Paul L. Bendich, I work in computational topology, which for me means adapting ...
- Christopher R Cornwell, Low-dimensional topology, contact geometry, knot theory
- Samuel Gerber, Machine Learning, Data Analysis, Manifold Learning, Visualization, Image Analysis
- Heekyoung Hahn, Eisenstein series, L-functions, Elliptic curves, Trace formula and Algebraic cycles
- David P Herzog, Problems, both pure and applied, at the interface of probability ...
- David Lawlor, Computational harmonic analysis, high-dimensional data analysis
- Kevin A McGoff, Dynamical systems, ergodic theory, probability, and statistics
- Stanislav Minsker, High-dimensional and Nonparametric Statistics, Machine learning, Probability theory.
- Mainak Patel, Mathematical Biology
- Jose A. Perea, Algebraic Topology, Data analysis and applications
- Marc D Ryser, Mathematical Oncology, Mathematical Biology, Probability, Stochastic Processes
- Nathaniel K Strawn, Applied Harmonic Analysis, Applied Geometry, Bayesian Statistics, Machine Learning
- Andrew Thompson, compressed sensing, inverse problems, signal processing, optimization, numerical analysis
- Yi (Grace) Wang, applied harmonic analysis, data analysis, image processing
Duke University, Box 90320
Durham, NC 27708-0320