Math @ Duke
Mathematics Faculty: Research Interests
- Pankaj K. Agarwal, Adaptation, Biological, Algorithms, Amino Acid Sequence, Approximation algorithms, Base Pair Mismatch, Bayes Theorem, Biodiversity, Chromosome Mapping, Computational Biology, Data Interpretation, Statistical, DNA Transposable Elements, Ecology, Ecosystem, Forecasting, Models, Biological, Models, Chemical, Models, Molecular, Models, Statistical, Models, Theoretical, Navigation, Plant Transpiration, Plants, Protein Conformation, Proteins, Sensitivity and Specificity, Sequence Alignment, Sequence Analysis, DNA, Sequence Analysis, Protein, Software, Species Specificity, Stochastic Processes, Time Factors, Visibility
- Paul S. Aspinwall, String Theory
- Hubert Bray, Geometric Analysis, General Relativity, Theoretical Astrophysics
- Robert Bryant, Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations and Differential Geometry
- John E. Dolbow, Animals, Approximation theory, Continuum mechanics, Elasticity, Finite Element Analysis, Fracture mechanics, Friction, Humans, Hydrodynamics, Lipid Bilayers, Materials Testing, Membrane Fluidity, Membrane Microdomains, Surface Properties, Thermodynamics
- David B. Dunson, Nonparametric Bayes, Latent variable methods, Model uncertainty, Applications in epidemiology & genetics, Machine learning
- Richard T. Durrett, Mathematical Concepts, Models, Biological, Models, Statistical, Models, Theoretical, Population Dynamics, Probability
- Richard Hain, Topology of Algebraic Varieties, Hodge Theory, and Moduli of Curves
- John Harer, Computational Topology, Computational Biology, Algorithms
- Anita T. Layton, Mathematical physiology; Multiscale numerical methods; Numerical methods for immersed boundary problems.
- Harold Layton, Mathematical Physiology
- Jian-Guo Liu, Applied Mathematics, Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations.
- Jonathan C. Mattingly, Applied mathematics, Probability, Ergodic Theory, Stochastic partial differential equations, Stochastic dynamical systems, Stochastic Numerical methods, Fluids
- Ezra Miller, Geometry, algebra, combinatorics, algorithms, probability, statistics, biology, neuroscience and other applications
- Sayan Mukherjee, Computational biology, geometry and topology, machine learning
- Lenhard L. Ng, Symplectic geometry, Low dimensional topology, Contact geometry, Knot theory, Holomorphic curves
- William L. Pardon, Algebra and Geometry of Varieties
- Arlie O. Petters,
- Ronen Plesser, String Theory and Quantum Field Theory
- Michael C. Reed, Analysis, Applications of Mathematics to Physiology and Medicine
- Leslie Saper, Locally symmetric varieties, Number theory and automorphic forms,
L2-cohomology and intersection cohomology, Geometrical analysis of singularities
- Guillermo Sapiro, Image and video processing, computer vision, computer graphics,
computational vision, ...
- Chad Schoen, Algebraic Geometry
- Mark A. Stern, Geometric Analysis, Yang-Mills theory, Hodge theory, string theory
- Stephanos Venakides, Integrable systems, Wave motion in complex media, Mathematical biology
- Thomas P. Witelski, Fluid Dynamics, Perturbation Methods, Asymptotic Analysis, Nonlinear Ordinary and Partial differential equations
- Jianfeng Lu, Mathematical analysis and algorithm development for problems from
- James H. Nolen, Partial differential equations, stochastic processes, random media, applied mathematics, asymptotic analysis
- Jayce R. Getz, Number theory
Assistant Research Professor
- Paul L Bendich, I work in computational topology, which for me means adapting ...
- Goncalo M. Fernandes de Oliveira, Gauge Theory, Special Holonomy
- Heekyoung Hahn, Automorphic L-functions, Relative trace formula, Algebraic cycles and Representations of the classical groups
- Caroline Turnage-Butterbaugh, analytic number theory
Professor of the Practice of Mathematics
- Lewis D. Blake, Teaching mathematics ...
- Emily L. Braley, Mathematics Education
- Clark Bray, Algebraic Topology
- Jonathan M Wahl, Algebraic Geometry
- William K. Allard, Scientific computing, particularly distributed computing; differential geometry; geometric measure theory; partial differential equations.
- J. Thomas Beale, Partial Differential Equations, Fluid Mechanics, Numerical Methods
- Jack Bookman, Mathematics Education
- Richard E. Hodel, Set-theoretic Topology, set theory, logic
- Joseph W. Kitchen, Functional Analysis
- David P. Kraines, Algebraic Topology and Game Theory
- Lawrence C. Moore, Mathematics Education and Functional Analysis
- David G. Schaeffer, Applied Mathematics, especially Partial Differential Equations
- David A. Smith, Mathematics Education
- John A. Trangenstein, Adaptive mesh refinement, Multigrid preconditioners
- Xin Zhou, Partial Differential Equations and Integrable Systems
- Rann Bar-On, Mathematics Education
- Michael Abel, Categorified Quantum Link Invariants
- Justin Curry, applied topology, sheaves, categories, representation theory
- Marc D. Ryser, Bone and Bones, Bone Neoplasms, Bone Resorption, Chemotaxis, Computational Biology, Computer Simulation, Fractures, Bone, Gene Expression Profiling, Homeostasis, Meta-Analysis as Topic, Models, Biological, Osteoblasts, Osteoprotegerin, Parathyroid Hormone-Related Protein, RANK Ligand, Solubility, Time Factors
- Haizhao Yang, Fast algorithms in scientific computing, applied and computational harmonic analysis, ...
- Mauro Maggioni, Harmonic analysis, with applications to statistical analysis of high-dimensional data, machine learning, imaging.
Duke University, Box 90320
Durham, NC 27708-0320