Jianfeng Lu, Associate Professor of Mathematics and Chemistry and Physics
Jianfeng Lu is an applied mathematician interested in mathematical analysis and algorithm development for problems from computational physics, theoretical chemistry, materials science and other related fields.
More specifically, his current research focuses include:
Electronic structure and many body problems; quantum molecular dynamics; multiscale modeling and analysis; rare events and sampling techniques.
- Contact Info:
- Office Hours:
- By email appointments
- Research Interests:
Mathematical analysis and algorithm development for problems from
computational physics, theoretical chemistry, materials science and others.
Electronic structure and many body problems;
Multiscale modeling and analysis; and
Rare events and sampling techniques.
- Areas of Interest:
- Applied Mathematics
Partial Differential Equations
- Curriculum Vitae
- Current Ph.D. Students
- Postdocs Mentored
- Haizhao Yang (July, 2015 - present)
- Zhennan Zhou (August, 2014 - present)
- Undergraduate Research Supervised
- Jeremy Tay (September, 2015 - December, 2015)
- Fuchsia Chen (January, 2015 - September, 2015)
- Leslie Lei (May, 2013 - May, 2014)
- Recent Publications
- Liu, JG; Lu, J; Margetis, D; Marzuola, JL, Asymmetry in crystal facet dynamics of homoepitaxy by a continuum model,
Physica D: Nonlinear Phenomena, vol. 393
pp. 54-67 [doi] [abs]
- Wang, Z; Li, Y; Lu, J, Coordinate Descent Full Configuration Interaction.,
Journal of Chemical Theory and Computation
(May, 2019) [doi] [abs]
- Lu, J; Vanden-Eijnden, E, Methodological and Computational Aspects of Parallel Tempering Methods in the Infinite Swapping Limit,
Journal of Statistical Physics, vol. 174 no. 3
pp. 715-733 [doi] [abs]
- Li, Y; Lu, J, Bold diagrammatic Monte Carlo in the lens of stochastic iterative methods,
Transactions of Mathematics and Its Applications, vol. 3 no. 1
pp. 1-17, Oxford University Press (OUP) [doi]
- Martinsson, A; Lu, J; Leimkuhler, B; Vanden-Eijnden, E, The simulated tempering method in the infinite switch limit with adaptive weight learning,
Journal of Statistical Mechanics: Theory and Experiment, vol. 2019 no. 1
pp. 013207-013207, IOP Publishing [doi] [abs]
- Recent Grant Support
- Quantum Computing in Chemical and Material Sciences, Department of Energy, 2018/09-2021/09.
- CAREER: Research and training in advanced computational methods for quantum and statistical mechanics, National Science Foundation, 1454939, 2015/09-2020/08.
- CAREER: Research and training in advanced computational methods for quantum and statistical mechanics, National Science Foundation, DMS-1454939, 2015/09-2020/08.
- Collaborative Research: SI2-SSI: ELSI-Infrastructure for Scalable Electronic Structure Theory, National Science Foundation, 1450280, 2015/06-2020/05.