Math @ Duke
Mathematics : Research Interests
- Pankaj K Agarwal, Computational and combinatorial geometry, computational biology, robotics, spatial databases, geographic ...
- Paul S Aspinwall, String Theory
- J. Thomas Beale, Partial Differential Equations and Fluid Mechanics
- Hubert L. Bray, Geometric Analysis, General Relativity, Astrophysics
- Robert L Bryant, Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations and Differential Geometry
- Rick Durrett, Probability problems that arise from genetics and ecology, especially stochastic ...
- Richard M Hain, Topology of Algebraic Varieties, Hodge Theory, and Moduli of Curves
- John Harer, Computational Topology, Computational Biology, Algorithms
- Harold Layton, Mathematical Physiology
- Jian-Guo Liu, Numerical Analysis, Partial Differential Equations, Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Mauro Maggioni, Harmonic analysis, with applications to statistical analysis of high-dimensional data, machine learning, imaging.
- Jonathan C. Mattingly, Applied mathematics, Probability, Ergodic Theory, Stochastic partial differential equations, Stochastic dynamical systems, Stochastic Numerical methods, Fluids
- Ezra Miller, Geometry, algebra, combinatorics, algorithms, probability, statistics, biology and other applications
- William L Pardon, Algebra and Geometry of Varieties
- Arlie O Petters,
- Michael C Reed, Analysis, Applications of Mathematics to Physiology and Medicine
- Donald Rose, Numerical solution of nonlinear algebraic and differential equations, numerical linear ...
- Leslie D. Saper, Locally symmetric varieties, Number theory and automorphic forms,
L2-cohomology and intersection cohomology, Geometrical analysis of singularities
- Chad Schoen, Algebraic Geometry
- Mark A Stern, Geometric Analysis, Yang-Mills theory, Hodge theory, string theory
- John Trangenstein, Adaptive mesh refinement, Multigrid preconditioners
- Stephanos Venakides, Integrable systems, Wave motion in complex media, Mathematical biology
- Thomas P. Witelski, Fluid Dynamics, Perturbation Methods, Asymptotic Analysis, Nonlinear Ordinary and Partial differential equations
- Xin Zhou, Partial Differential Equations and Integrable Systems
- David Kraines, Algebraic Topology and Game Theory
- Anita T Layton, Mathematical physiology; Multiscale numerical methods; Numerical methods for immersed boundary problems.
- Sayan Mukherjee, Computational biology, geometry and topology, machine learning
- Lenhard L Ng, Symplectic geometry, Low dimensional topology, Contact geometry, Knot theory, Holomorphic curves
- M. Ronen Plesser, String Theory and Quantum Field Theory
- Jayce R. Getz, Number theory
- Jianfeng Lu, Mathematical analysis and algorithm development for problems from computational physics, ...
- James Nolen, Partial differential equations, stochastic processes, random media, applied mathematics, asymptotic analysis
Assistant Research Professors
- Carla Cederbaum, Mathematical Relativity; Differential Geometry; Geometric Analysis; Calculus of Variations
Professors of the Practice of Mathematics
- Lewis D Blake, Teaching mathematics ...
- Emily Braley, Mathematics Education
- Clark B Bray, Algebraic Topology
- Jonathan M. Wahl, Algebraic Geometry
- Marcus C Werner, Geometry and topology in physics, especially gravitational lensing theory. Relativity, ...
- William K Allard, Scientific computing, particularly distributed computing; differential geometry; geometric measure theory; partial differential equations.
- Jack Bookman, Mathematics Education
- Richard E Hodel, Set-theoretic Topology, set theory, logic
- Joseph Kitchen, Functional Analysis
- Lawrence C Moore, Mathematics Education and Functional Analysis
- David G Schaeffer, Applied Mathematics, especially Partial Differential Equations
- David A Smith, Mathematics Education
- Rann Bar-On, Mathematics Education
Post Docs/Research Associates
- Luca F. Di Cerbo, Complex geometry, gauge theory, locally symmetric varieties
- Paul L. Bendich, I work in computational topology, which for me means adapting ...
- Guangliang Chen, analysis of high-dimensional data, machine learning
- Christopher R Cornwell, Low-dimensional topology, contact geometry, knot theory
- Samuel Gerber, Machine Learning, Data Analysis, Manifold Learning, Visualization, Image Analysis
- Heekyoung Hahn, Eisenstein series, L-functions, Elliptic curves, Trace formula and Algebraic cycles
- David P Herzog, Problems, both pure and applied, at the interface of probability ...
- David Lawlor, Computational harmonic analysis, high-dimensional data analysis
- Kevin A McGoff, Dynamical systems, ergodic theory, probability, and statistics
- Stanislav Minsker, High-dimensional and Nonparametric Statistics, Machine learning, Probability theory.
- Mainak Patel, Mathematical Biology
- Jose A. Perea, Algebraic Topology, Data analysis and applications
- Marc D Ryser, Mathematical Oncology, Mathematical Biology, Probability, Stochastic Processes
- Rayan Saab, My research draws upon and develops tools in information theory, ...
- David J. Sivakoff, Probability, Stochastic Processes
- Andrew Thompson, compressed sensing, inverse problems, signal processing, optimization, numerical analysis
- Joshua Vogelstein, My primary research aim is to contribute to explaining the mind in terms of the brain in ways that lead to both qualitative insight and quantitative predictions. A significant motivating factor is that all humans have brains, and therefore these developments could directly benefit all of humankind. In alignment with this aim, all of our research products are freely available to all from my webpage.
- Alex Aguado, Geometric topology, Mapping class groups
- Phillip V. Andreae, Geometric analysis, index theory, analytic torsion
- Ian S. Drayer, Applied Mathematics, Mathematical Biology
- Brian D. Fitzpatrick, Category Theory, Homological Algebra
- Benjamin Gaines, Algebraic Geometry, Toric Varieties
- Hyeongkwan Kim, Algebraic K-theory
- Sean D. Lawley, I am interested in applications of analysis and probability to ...
- Junchi Li, My research interests lie primarily in stochastic dynamics on graphs ...
- Shishi Luo, Modeling the ecology and evolution of infectious diseases
- Elizabeth A Munch, Computational Topology
- Akihiko Nishimura, Stochastic analysis, Stochastic simulation, Bayesian statistics, Applied math
- Christopher O'Neill, Combinatorics
- Alan R. Parry, Differential Geometry
- Harrison D. Potter, Fluid Dynamics of Thin Liquid Films
- Alex D Pruss, Differential Equations
- Ioannis Sgouralis, Mathematical Physiology
- John J. Steenbergen, Applied and Computational Topology/Geometry, Topological/Geometrical Data Analysis, High-dimensional Data Analysis, ...
- Nihal Ezgi Temamogullari, Mathematical Biology
- Kangkang Wang, Algebraic Geometry
- Tatsunari Watanabe, Grothendieck section conjecture, Fundamental groups, Moduli spaces of curves
- Hangjun Xu, Differential Geometry and Geometric Analysis
Duke University, Box 90320
Durham, NC 27708-0320