Mathematics : Research Interests
- Pankaj K. Agarwal, Adaptation, Biological, Algorithms, Amino Acid Sequence, Approximation algorithms, Base Pair Mismatch, Bayes Theorem, Biodiversity, Chromosome Mapping, Computational Biology, Data Interpretation, Statistical, DNA Transposable Elements, Ecology, Ecosystem, Forecasting, Models, Biological, Models, Chemical, Models, Molecular, Models, Statistical, Models, Theoretical, Navigation, Plant Transpiration, Plants, Protein Conformation, Proteins, Sensitivity and Specificity, Sequence Alignment, Sequence Analysis, DNA, Sequence Analysis, Protein, Software, Species Specificity, Stochastic Processes, Time Factors, Visibility
- Paul S. Aspinwall, String Theory
- Hubert Bray, Geometric Analysis, General Relativity, Theoretical Astrophysics
- Robert Bryant, Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations and Differential Geometry
- John E. Dolbow, Animals, Approximation theory, Continuum mechanics, Elasticity, Finite Element Analysis, Fracture mechanics, Friction, Humans, Hydrodynamics, Lipid Bilayers, Materials Testing, Membrane Fluidity, Membrane Microdomains, Surface Properties, Thermodynamics
- David B. Dunson, Nonparametric Bayes, Latent variable methods, Model uncertainty, Applications in epidemiology & genetics, Machine learning
- Richard T. Durrett, Mathematical Concepts, Models, Biological, Models, Statistical, Models, Theoretical, Population Dynamics, Probability
- Richard Hain, Topology of Algebraic Varieties, Hodge Theory, and Moduli of Curves
- John Harer, Computational Topology, Computational Biology, Algorithms
- Anita T. Layton, Mathematical physiology; Multiscale numerical methods; Numerical methods for immersed boundary problems.
- Harold Layton, Mathematical Physiology
- Jian-Guo Liu, Applied Mathematics, Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations.
- Jonathan C. Mattingly, Applied mathematics, Probability, Ergodic Theory, Stochastic partial differential equations, Stochastic dynamical systems, Stochastic Numerical methods, Fluids
- Ezra Miller, Geometry, algebra, combinatorics, algorithms, probability, statistics, biology, neuroscience and other applications
- Sayan Mukherjee, Computational biology, geometry and topology, machine learning
- Lenhard L. Ng, Symplectic geometry, Low dimensional topology, Contact geometry, Knot theory, Holomorphic curves
- William L. Pardon, Algebra and Geometry of Varieties
- Arlie O. Petters,
- M. Ronen Plesser, String Theory and Quantum Field Theory
- Michael C. Reed, Analysis, Applications of Mathematics to Physiology and Medicine
- Leslie Saper, Locally symmetric varieties, Number theory and automorphic forms,
L2-cohomology and intersection cohomology, Geometrical analysis of singularities
- Guillermo Sapiro, Image and video processing, computer vision, computer graphics,
computational vision, ...
- Chad Schoen, Algebraic Geometry
- Mark A. Stern, Geometric Analysis, Yang-Mills theory, Hodge theory, string theory
- Stephanos Venakides, Integrable systems, Wave motion in complex media, Mathematical biology
- Thomas P. Witelski, Fluid Dynamics, Perturbation Methods, Asymptotic Analysis, Nonlinear Ordinary and Partial differential equations
- Jianfeng Lu, Mathematical analysis and algorithm development for problems from
- James H. Nolen, Partial differential equations, stochastic processes, random media, applied mathematics, asymptotic analysis
- Jayce R. Getz, Number theory
Assistant Research Professor
- Paul L Bendich, I work in computational topology, which for me means adapting ...
- Heekyoung Hahn, Automorphic L-functions, Relative trace formula, Algebraic cycles and Representations of the classical groups
- Caroline Turnage-Butterbaugh, analytic number theory
Professor of the Practice of Mathematics
- Clark Bray, Algebraic Topology
- Jonathan M Wahl, Algebraic Geometry
- William K. Allard, Scientific computing, particularly distributed computing; differential geometry; geometric measure theory; partial differential equations.
- J. Thomas Beale, Partial Differential Equations, Fluid Mechanics, Numerical Methods
- Lewis D. Blake, Teaching mathematics ...
- Jack Bookman, Mathematics Education
- Richard E. Hodel, Set-theoretic Topology, set theory, logic
- Joseph W. Kitchen, Functional Analysis
- David P. Kraines, Algebraic Topology and Game Theory
- Lawrence C. Moore, Mathematics Education and Functional Analysis
- David G. Schaeffer, Applied Mathematics, especially Partial Differential Equations
- David A. Smith, Mathematics Education
- John A. Trangenstein, Adaptive mesh refinement, Multigrid preconditioners
- Xin Zhou, Partial Differential Equations and Integrable Systems
- Rann Bar-On, Mathematics Education
- Brian D Fitzpatrick, Algebraic Geometry, Category Theory, Homological Algebra
Post Doc/Research Associate
- Robert J. Ravier, In undergrad, I was one of many people involved in ...
- Mauro Maggioni, Harmonic analysis, with applications to statistical analysis of high-dimensional data, machine learning, imaging.
- Gavin F. Ball, Differential geometry, exterior differential systems
- Erin M. Beckman, Partial differential equations, Probability, Stochastic processes
- Michael M. Bell, Differential Geometry, Exterior Differential Systems, Holonomy, Calibrations
- Joshua D. Cruz, I am a student of Les Saper, with broad interests ...
- Shalla D. Hanson, Dynamic Optimization of Anti-tumor Immunity in Rapidly Mutating Cancers
- Ma Luo, De Rham theory, Hodge theory, periods and fundamental groups of algebraic varieties, especially those of moduli spaces of curves.
- Dmitry Vagner, categorification and diagrammatic algebra with applications to low-dimensional topology and representation theory
- Darryl G. Wade, Topological data analysis, other applications of topology
- Jieren Xu, medical imaging, Poisson denoising and convex optimization
- Dong Yao, Probability