Math @ Duke
Marc D. Ryser, Assistant Professor of Population Health Sciences and Mathematics and Member of Duke Cancer Institute
For an up-to-date description of my research program please visit
Areas of Expertise: Multi-scale modeling, early carcinogenesis, cancer evolution
- Contact Info:
Teaching (Spring 2021):
- MATH 89S.01, FIRST-YEAR SEMINAR (TOP)
- Online ON, MW 08:30 AM-09:45 AM
|Ph.D.||McGill University Faculty of Medicine (Canada)||2011|
|Ph.D.||McGill University (Canada)||2011|
- Research Interests:
Please visit my personal site for information about me and my research
- Bone and Bones • Bone Neoplasms • Bone Resorption • Chemotaxis • Computational Biology • Computer Simulation • Fractures, Bone • Gene Expression Profiling • Homeostasis • Meta-Analysis as Topic • Models, Biological • Osteoblasts • Osteoprotegerin • Parathyroid Hormone-Related Protein • RANK Ligand • Solubility • Time Factors
- Recent Publications
- Brouwer, AF; He, K; Chinn, SB; Mondul, AM; Chapman, CH; Ryser, MD; Banerjee, M; Eisenberg, MC; Meza, R; Taylor, JMG, Time-varying survival effects for squamous cell carcinomas at oropharyngeal and nonoropharyngeal head and neck sites in the United States, 1973-2015.,
Cancer, vol. 126 no. 23
pp. 5137-5146 [doi] [abs]
- Shehata, MN; Rahbar, H; Flanagan, MR; Kilgore, MR; Lee, CI; Ryser, MD; Lowry, KP, Risk for Upgrade to Malignancy After Breast Core Needle Biopsy Diagnosis of Lobular Neoplasia: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis.,
Journal of the American College of Radiology : Jacr, vol. 17 no. 10
pp. 1207-1219 [doi] [abs]
- Butt, J; Blot, WJ; Visvanathan, K; Le Marchand, L; Wilkens, LR; Chen, Y; Sesso, HD; Teras, L; Ryser, MD; Hyslop, T; Wassertheil-Smoller, S; Tinker, LF; Potter, JD; Song, M; Berndt, SI; Waterboer, T; Pawlita, M; Epplein, M, Auto-antibodies to p53 and the Subsequent Development of Colorectal Cancer in a U.S. Prospective Cohort Consortium.,
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev
(September, 2020) [doi] [abs]
- Williamson, T; Ryser, MD; Ubel, PA; Abdelgadir, J; Spears, CA; Liu, B; Komisarow, J; Lemmon, ME; Elsamadicy, A; Lad, SP, Withdrawal of Life-Supporting Treatment in Severe Traumatic Brain Injury.,
(June, 2020) [doi] [abs]
- Chootipongchaivat, S; van Ravesteyn, NT; Li, X; Huang, H; Weedon-Fekjær, H; Ryser, MD; Weaver, DL; Burnside, ES; Heckman-Stoddard, BM; de Koning, HJ; Lee, SJ, Modeling the natural history of ductal carcinoma in situ based on population data.,
Breast Cancer Res, vol. 22 no. 1
pp. 53 [doi] [abs]
- Recent Grant Support
- Molecular and Radiologic Predictors of Invasion in a DCIS Active Surveillance Cohort, Breast Cancer Research Foundation, 2020/10-2021/09.
- Modeling to Minimize Detection Bias in Cancer Risk Prediction Studies, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, 2019/09-2021/08.
- The Mathematics of Breast Cancer Overtreatment: Improving Treatment Choice through Effective Communication of Personalized Cancer Risk, National Institutes of Health, 2018/09-2021/08.
- Molecular and Radiologic Predictors of Invasion in a DCIS Active Surveillance Cohort, Breast Cancer Research Foundation, 2019/10-2020/09.
- Mathematical Analysis of Spatial Cancer Models, National Science Foundation, 1614838, 2016/07-2020/06.
- Molecular and Radiologic Predictors of Invasion in a DCIS Active Surveillance Cohort, Breast Cancer Research Foundation, 2018/10-2019/09.
- The Mathematics of Breast Cancer Overtreatment: Improving Treatment Choice through Effective Communication of Personalized Cancer Risk, National Institutes of Health, 2016/09-2018/08.
Duke University, Box 90320
Durham, NC 27708-0320