Yuan Gao, William W. Elliott Assistant Research Professor of Mathematics and Statistical Science
I am a William W. Elliott Assistant Research Professor working on Analysis and PDE.
- Contact Info:
Teaching (Spring 2019):
- MATH 353.03, ORD AND PRTL DIFF EQUATIONS
- Teer 106, TuTh 03:05 PM-04:20 PM
- (also cross-listed as MATH 753.03)
- MATH 557.01, INTRODUCTION TO PDE
- Physics 235, TuTh 04:40 PM-05:55 PM
- Office Hours:
- Physics 06, TuTh 10am-11am and 2pm-3pm. Or by appointment.
|Ph.D.||Fudan University (China)||2017|
- Research Interests: PDE, Calculus of Variation, Control Theory, Material Science
My research interest is the mathematical analysis of nonlinear evolution equations derived from physics problems, especially in materials science and surface science. I mainly work on 4th order degenerated parabolic equations, coupled equations with dynamic boundary condition and multiscale problems. The methods invovled are entropy method, calculus of variation, gradient flows, numerical simulation, operator theory, and control theory.