David Rabiner, Research Professor of Psychology and Neuroscience and Affiliate of Center for Child and Family Policy and Associate Dean of Trinity College and Senior Associate Dean of Trinity College and Director of the Academic Advising Center
- Contact Info:
Teaching (Fall 2016):
- Psy 743.02, Clinical practicum
- Soc/psych 312a, W 03:05 PM-04:20 PM
|A.B., Magna cum Laude||Brown University, Providence, RI||1980|
- Research Interests:
My current work focuses on interventions to improve academic performance in children with attention difficulties and a variety of other issues related to ADHD. I recently completed a study funded by the Department of Education of two different computerized interventions for elementary school students with attention difficulties. Another recently completed study, funded by the National Institute of Drug Abuse, examined the misuse and abuse of ADHD medications among college students. I also have long standing interests in improving the quality of care received by children with ADHD and in the relationship between children's social experience and their social cognitive functioning.
- Areas of Interest:
attention problems and academic achievement
abuse of ADHD medications
- Curriculum Vitae
- Recent Publications
- Rowland, AS; Skipper, BJ; Umbach, DM; Rabiner, DL; Campbell, RA; Naftel, AJ; Sandler, DP (2015). The Prevalence of ADHD in a Population-Based Sample.. Journal of Attention Disorders, 19(9), 741-754. [doi] [abs]
- Young, AS; Rabiner, D (2015). Racial/ethnic differences in parent-reported barriers to accessing children's health services.. Psychological Services, 12(3), 267-273. [doi] [abs]
- Rabiner, D.L., Carrig, M., & Dodge, K.A. (in press).
Attention problems and academic achievement: Do persistent and earlier-emerging problems have more adverse long-term effects?. Journal of Attention Disorders. (DOI: 10.1177/1087054713507974).
- Multisite Violence Prevention Project (In press. DOI:10.1080/15374416.2013.8145).
Implementation and process effects on prevention outcomes for middle school students.. Journal of Clinical Child & Adolescent Psychology.
- Green, A.L., & Rabiner, D.L. (2013). Prevalence and Correlates of ADHD in College Students: A Comparison of Diagnostic Methods.. Journal of Educational and Developmental Psychology, 3(124-132).