David L Banks, Professor of the Practice of Statistics
- Contact Info:
- 210A Old Chemistry Building
- (919) 684-3743
- Personal Web Page:
- PhD, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, 1984
- MS, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, Virginia, 1982
- MS, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, Virginia, 1980
- BA (cum laude), University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia, 1977
- Research Interests: Risk Analysis, Network Models, Metabolomics, And Data Mining
- Recent Publications
- D. Vogenbeck, R. Forgette, D.L. Banks, and N. Contractor. "Social Network Methodology in the Study of Disasters: Issues and Insights Prompted by Post-Katrina Research." 2009
- D. Rios Insua, J. Rios, and D.L. Banks. "Adverarial Risk Analysis, to appear in the Journal of the American Statistical Association." 2009
- R. Warren, E. Airoldi, D.L. Banks. "Network Analysis of Wikipedia." Statistical Methods in eCommerce Research (2008): 81-102.
- D.L Banks, Y. Said. "Data Mining in Electronic Commerce." Statistical Science 21 (2007): 234-246.
- Classification, Cluster Analysis, and Data Mining. Edited by D. Banks, L. House, P. Arabie, F.R. McMorris, and W. Gaul. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 2004.