Robert L Wolpert, Professor of Statistical Science and Professor of the Environment
- Contact Info:
- 211C Old Chemistry Bldg.
- Personal Web Page:
- Office Hours:
- Varies by term; check my personal webpage
- PhD (Mathematics), Princeton University, 1976
- AB, Cornell University, 1972
- Research Interests: Nonparametric Bayesian Models, Stochastic Processes & Time Series, and Spatial Statistics
- STA 711.01, Probabil/Measure Theory
- Social sciences 311, MW 01:25 PM-02:40 PM
- Representative Publications
- James O. Berger and Robert L. Wolpert. The Likelihood Principle: A Review, Generalizations, and Statistical Implications (with discussion). IMS Lecture Notes-Monograph Series6 Institute of Mathematical Statistics, 1988.
- Robert L. Wolpert and Murad Taqqu. "Fractional Ornstein-Uhlenbeck L\'evy Processes and the Telecom Process: Upstairs and Downstairs." Signal Processing 85.8 (2005): 1523-1545.
- Robert L. Wolpert and Kerrie L. Mengersen. "Adjusted Likelihoods for Synthesizing Empirical Evidence from Studies That Differ in Quality and Design: Effects of Environmental Tobacco Smoke." Statistical Science 19.3 (August, 2004).
- Robert L. Wolpert and Katja Ickstadt. "Reflecting Uncertainty in Inverse Problems: A Bayesian Solution using L\'evy Processes." Inverse Problems 20.6 (2004): 1759--1771.
- Michael L. Lavine and Larry Wasserman and Robert L. Wolpert. "Bayesian inference with specified prior marginals." Journal of the American Statistical Association 86.416 (December, 1991): 964--971.
- Robert L. Wolpert and Katja Ickstadt. "Simulation of L\'evy Random Fields." Practical Nonparametric and Semiparametric Bayesian Statistics Lecture Notes in Statistics 133 (1998): 227--242.
- Robert L. Wolpert and Katja Ickstadt. "Poisson/gamma random field models for spatial statistics." Biometrika 85.2 (June, 1998): 251--267.
- Nicola G. Best and Katja Ickstadt and Robert L. Wolpert. "Spatial Poisson Regression for Health and Exposure Data Measured at Disparate Resolutions." Journal of the American Statistical Association 95.452 (December, 2000): 1076--1088.
- James O. Berger and Lawrence D. Brown and Robert L. Wolpert. "A unified conditional frequentist and Bayesian test for fixed and sequential simple hypothesis testing." Annals of Statistics 22.4 (December, 1994): 1787--1807.
- James O. Berger and Brunero Liseo and Robert L. Wolpert. "Integrated likelihood methods for eliminating nuisance parameters." Statistical Science 14.1 (February, 1999): 1--28.
Teaching (Fall 2015):