Farshid Guilak, Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery and Biomedical Engineering
|Office Location:||375 Med Sci Res Building|
- Ph.D., Columbia University, 1991
- Tissue Repair, Tissue Engineering
- Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
Borelli Award, American Society of Biomechanics
Fellows, American Society of Mechanical Engineers
Marshall R. Urist Award, Orthopaedic Research Society
Fellows, American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering
Y.C. Fung Young Investigator Award, American Society of Mechanical Engineers
New Investigator Recognition Award Winners, Orthopaedic Research Society
- Recent Publications
- CL Wu, D Jain, JN McNeill, D Little, JA Anderson, JL Huebner, VB Kraus, RM Rodriguiz, WC Wetsel and F Guilak, Dietary fatty acid content regulates wound repair and the pathogenesis of osteoarthritis following joint injury., Annals of the rheumatic diseases, vol. 74 no. 11 (November, 2015), pp. 2076-2083 [doi] [abs].
- BA Christiansen, F Guilak, KA Lockwood, SA Olson, AA Pitsillides, LJ Sandell, MJ Silva, MC van der Meulen and DR Haudenschild, Non-invasive mouse models of post-traumatic osteoarthritis., Osteoarthritis and cartilage / OARS, Osteoarthritis Research Society, vol. 23 no. 10 (October, 2015), pp. 1627-1638 [doi] [abs].
- SB Orr, A Chainani, KJ Hippensteel, A Kishan, C Gilchrist, NW Garrigues, DS Ruch, F Guilak and D Little, Aligned multilayered electrospun scaffolds for rotator cuff tendon tissue engineering., Acta biomaterialia, vol. 24 (September, 2015), pp. 117-126 [doi] [abs].
- LF Mellor, M Mohiti-Asli, J Williams, A Kannan, MR Dent, F Guilak and EG Loboa, Extracellular Calcium Modulates Chondrogenic and Osteogenic Differentiation of Human Adipose-Derived Stem Cells: A Novel Approach for Osteochondral Tissue Engineering Using a Single Stem Cell Source., Tissue engineering. Part A, vol. 21 no. 17-18 (September, 2015), pp. 2323-2333 [doi] [abs].
- SA Olson, BD Furman, VB Kraus, JL Huebner and F Guilak, Therapeutic opportunities to prevent post-traumatic arthritis: Lessons from the natural history of arthritis after articular fracture., Journal of orthopaedic research : official publication of the Orthopaedic Research Society, vol. 33 no. 9 (September, 2015), pp. 1266-1277 [doi] [abs].