|Office Location:|| Program in Literature/101 Ernestine Friedl Building, East Campus/Box 90670, Durh|
|Office Phone:|| (919) 668-2687 |
|Email Address: ||
|Web Page: || |
- Ph.D. University of Pennsylvania 1999
- B.A. Swarthmore College 1989
Modern and Contemporary
Gender Studies, Feminism, Women Studies, Queer Studies
Film, Media and Visual Studies
Critical Theory, Philosophy
- Research Interests:
Latino/a Studies, Queer/Lesbian/Gay Studies, Twentieth Century American Literatures, Critical Race Theory, Chicana Feminist Theory, Comparative Ethnicities
- Current Ph.D. Students
Antonio Viego received his PhD from the University of Pennsylvania in 1999. He has written essays on Chicana/o video and film, contemporary lesbian and gay Chicana/o & Latina/o literatures and Chicana feminist theory. He teaches courses on Cuban-American literature, Chicana/o & Latina/o cultural studies, queer ethnic studies and lesbian and gay theory. He is currently working on a book project about the institutionalization of Chicana/o & Latina/o studies, multiculturalism, and U.S. Latina/o identity politics entitled Porous Latinidades: Working the Borders of Intelligibility.
- Recent Publications
- Viego, A, LatinX and the neurologization of self,
Cultural Dynamics, vol. 29 no. 3
pp. 160-176 [doi].
- Viego, A, Review of "Appropriating Blackness: Performance and the Politics of Authenticity" by E. Patrick Johnson,
GLQ: A Journal of Lesbian and Gay Studies, vol. 11 no. 1
pp. 135-138, Duke University Press.
- Viego, A, Review of "The Puerto Rican Syndrome" by Patricia Gherovici,
Latino Studies, vol. 3
pp. 165-169, Palgrave Macmillan.
- Viego, A, The Madness of Curing, Dossier on Robyn Wiegman's Object Lessons, edited by Zahid R. Chaudhary,
Feminist Formations, vol. 25 no. 3
pp. 154-59, The Johns Hopkins University Press [abs].
- Viego, A, The Nightgown, Psychoanalysis and Race, edited by Lydia Kerr,
Cr: the New Centennial Review, vol. 13 no. 3
pp. 29-51, Johns Hopkins University Press [doi] [abs].