Associate Professor of the Practice Emeritus of Portuguese and Gender, Sexuality & Feminist Studies
- Office Hours:
- Monday and Tuesday: 12:20pm - 1:30pm
- Ph.D. University of California at Los Angeles 1987
- PhD in Romance Linguistics and Literature UCLA 1987
- Faculdade de Letras Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro 1975
- Masters in Comparative Literature (French and Spanish) San Francisco State University 1974
- BA College of William and Mary 1966
Recent Publications (More Publications)
- Research Interests:
Brazillian and Latin American Literature, Theater
Cultural, and Theater Theory, Film
- "Sentido, sentimento e sensibilidade do grotesco no teatro latinoamericano." Percevejo: Edição Especial, Teatro Latinomericano XIV (Summer,
Accepted, Summer, 2009).
- "In your face: identity, attitude and latino theatre." SELLI: Anais do Seminário de Literaturas de Língua Inglesa !6 (December,
December, 2006): 59-66.
- "The Gestural Art of Reclaiming Utopia:Denise Stoklos at Play with the Hysterical-Historical." Holy Terrors! Latin American Women Perform (Accepted, 2004).
- "Five entries on Brazilian theatre." Encyclopedia of Contemporary Latin American Culture (forthcoming 2003).
- Staging the Crisis: Utopian Ideals, Consumer Aesthetics and the Theatrical Image in Brazillian Theatre from Collor to Cardoso. September, 2002.