Associate Professor of Asian and Middle Eastern Studies and Assistant Professor of Women's StudiesEducation:
- Ph.D. Columbia University 2004
- M.A. Columbia University 1998
- B.A. Brown University 1992
Recent Publications (More Publications)
- Curriculum Vitae
- McLarney, E. "FREEDOM, JUSTICE, and the POWER of ADAB." International Journal of Middle East Studies 48:1 (January,
2016): 25-46. [doi] [abs]
- E.A. McLarney. "The Redemption of Women’s Liberation: Reviving Qasim Amin." Transformations of Modern Arab Thought: Intellectual History after the Liberal Age (2016).
- E.A. McLarney. "On Constitutions and Women’s Rights: Egypt in 2012 and 2014." Women's Rights in the Aftermath of the Arab Spring (2016).
- McLarney, EA. Soft force: Women in Egypt's Islamic awakening. Princeton University Press,
June, 2015: 1-312. [html] [abs]