Associate Professor of Asian & Middle Eastern Studies and Associate Professor of Gender, Sexuality & Feminist Studies and Art, Art History & Visual Studies
|Office Location:|| 2204 Erwin Road, Room 220, Durham, NC 27708|
|Email Address: ||
- Office Hours:
- Tuesday 10:00-12:00 and by appointment
- Ph.D. University of California - Berkeley 2004
- M.A. San Francisco State University 1995
- B.A. Fu Jen Catholic University (Taiwan) 1991
Recent Publications (More Publications)
- Research Interests:
Film historiography, film theory, postcolonial theory and theories of culture and globalization; film and other media of Taiwan, Hong Kong and China
- G. Hong. "Limits of Visibility: Taiwan's Tongzhi Movement in Mickey Chen's Documentaries." positions: asia critique 21:3 (Summer,
Summer, 2013): 683-701.
- Hong, GJ. "Voices and their discursive Dis/Content in Taiwan documentary." Frontiers of Literary Studies in China 7:2 (January,
2013): 183-193. [doi] [abs]
- Hong, G. Theatrics of Cruising: Bath Houses and Movie Houses in Tsia Ming-Linag’s Films. Queer Sinophone CulturesRoutledge, 2013.
- Hong, G. "Voice and Its Dis/Content in New Taiwan Documentary." Frontiers of Literary Studies in China (2012).
- Hong, G. "Limits of Visibility: Taiwan’s Tongzhi Movement in Mickey Chen’s Documentaries." Positions: East Asia Cultures Critique (2012).