|Office Location:|| 114 Campus Drive, 226 Classroom Building, Durham, NC 27708-0719|
|Office Phone:|| (919) 684-3014 |
|Email Address: ||
|Web Page: || |
Teaching (Spring 2022):
- HOUSECS 59.34, HOUSE COURSE (SP TOP)
- Reuben-Coo 248, M 05:15 PM-07:45 PM
- HISTORY 89S.04, FIRST-YEAR SEMINAR (TOP)
- West Duke 108A, Tu 01:45 PM-04:15 PM
- HISTORY 548S.01, GLOBAL HISTORY OF MEDICINE
- Class Bldg 229, Th 01:45 PM-04:15 PM
- Ph.D. University of California - Irvine 2012
- Dual MA University of Colorado at Boulder 2004
- BA Lewis and Clark College 1998
- Curriculum Vitae
- Recent Publications
- Barnes, NE, Intimate Communities Wartime Healthcare and the Birth of Modern China, 1937-1945
pp. 324 pages, University of California Press [abs].
- Barnes, NE, China’s War with Japan 1937–1945: The Struggle for Survival, by Rana Mitter. London: Allen Lane, 2013. xxii+458 pp. £25.00 (cloth), £14.99 (eBook).,
The China Journal, vol. 75
pp. 128-130, University of Chicago Press [doi].
- Barnes, NE, Regulating Prostitution in China: Gender and Local Statebuilding, 1900–1937. written by Elizabeth J. Remick, 2014,
Nan Nü, vol. 17 no. 2
pp. 352-355, Brill [doi].
- Barnes, NE, Neither Donkey nor Horse: Medicine in the Struggle over China’s Modernity by Sean Hsiang-Lin Lei,
Bulletin of the History of Medicine, vol. 89 no. 4
pp. 835-836, Project Muse [Gateway.cgi], [doi].
- Barnes, NE, Prosperity's Predicament: Identity, Reform, and Resistance in Rural Wartime China. By Isabel Brown Crook
Lanham, Md.: Rowman & Littlefield, 2013. xxiv, 301 pp. $85.00 (cloth).,
The Journal of Asian Studies, vol. 73 no. 3
pp. 786-787, Cambridge University Press (CUP) [Gateway.cgi], [doi].