Research Interests: Writing-to-learn pedagogies, composing with new media, faculty writers, civic engagement and student self-authorship
- Current projects:
- Faculty Write Program. Focuses on faculty-as-writers and aims to reinvigorate commitments to writing and teaching writing at Duke. TWP Director of Duke's Language, Arts and Media Program (LAMP). The program will engage every first-year student in learning a broad range of communications skills for traditional and new media.
- Recent Publications
- Ahern-Dodson, J; Clark, CR; Mourad, T; Reynolds, JA, Beyond the numbers: understanding how a diversity mentoring program welcomes students into a scientific community,
Ecosphere, vol. 11 no. 2
(February, 2020) [doi] [abs].
- Dufour, M; Ahern Dodson, J, Good Writers Always Follow My Rules,
in Bad Ideas about Writing, edited by Ball, C; Loewe, D
- Ahern Dodson, J; Reisinger, D, Moving beyond corrective feedback: (Re)engaging with student writing in L2 through audio response.,
Journal of Response to Writing, vol. 3 no. 1
- Ahern Dodson, J, Teach the Moment,
Change: the Magazine of Higher Learning, vol. 48 no. 6
- J.S. Ahern-Dodson, The role of community in working with faculty writers: Response to ‘The supplementary clerk’,
Social Epistemology Review and Reply Collective, vol. 2 no. 11