Math @ Duke
Alexander A. Kiselev, William T. Laprade Distinguished Professor
My current research interests focus on mathematical fluid mechanics and mathematical biology.
In the past, I have also worked on reaction-diffusion equations and spectral theory of Schredinger operators.
- Contact Info:
Teaching (Spring 2023):
- MATH 790-90.04, MINICOURSE IN ADVANCED TOPICS
- Physics 205, TuTh 10:15 AM-11:30 AM
|Ph.D.||California Institute of Technology||1997|
- Biology--Mathematical models • Fluid mechanics • Reaction-diffusion equations • Spectral theory (Mathematics)
- Recent Publications
- Kiselev, A; Yao, Y, Small Scale Formations in the Incompressible Porous Media Equation,
Archive for Rational Mechanics and Analysis, vol. 247 no. 1
(February, 2023) [doi] [abs]
- Kiselev, A; Tan, C, The Flow of Polynomial Roots Under Differentiation,
Annals of Pde, vol. 8 no. 2
(December, 2022) [doi] [abs]
- Gong, Y; He, S; Kiselev, A, Random Search in Fluid Flow Aided by Chemotaxis.,
Bulletin of Mathematical Biology, vol. 84 no. 7
pp. 71 [doi] [abs]
- Chouliara, D; Gong, Y; He, S; Kiselev, A; Lim, J; Melikechi, O; Powers, K, Hitting time of Brownian motion subject to shear flow,
Involve, a Journal of Mathematics, vol. 15 no. 1
pp. 131-140 [doi] [abs]
- Kiselev, A; Tan, C, GLOBAL REGULARITY FOR A NONLOCAL PDE DESCRIBING EVOLUTION OF POLYNOMIAL ROOTS UNDER DIFFERENTIATION,
Siam Journal on Mathematical Analysis, vol. 54 no. 3
pp. 3161-3191 [doi] [abs]
- Recent Grant Support
- RTG: Training Tomorrow's Workforce in Analysis and Applications, National Science Foundation, 2021/07-2026/06.
- Small Scale and Singularity Formation in Fluids, National Science Foundation, 2020/07-2023/06.
- Small Scale and Singularity Formation in Fluid Mechanics and Biology, Simons Foundation, 2020/06-2022/08.
- Regularity, blow up and mixing in fluids, National Science Foundation, 2018/07-2022/06.
Duke University, Box 90320
Durham, NC 27708-0320