Amanda Randles, Assistant Professor of Biomedical Engineering and Computer Science and Mathematics and Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering and Material Science and Member of Duke Cancer Institute
My research in biomedical simulation and high performance computing focuses on the development of new computational tools that we use to provide insight into the localization and development of human diseases ranging from atherosclerosis to cancer.
|Office Location: ||301 Gross Hall, 140 Science Dr., Durham, NC 27708|
|Office Phone: ||(919) 660-5425 |
|Email Address: |
- Aortic Coarctation • Atherosclerosis • Biomechanics • Biophysics • Cancer • Cancer cells • Cardiovascular Diseases • Computational Biology • Computational fluid dynamics • Computer Simulation • Fluid mechanics • Hemodynamics • High performance computing • Lattice Boltzmann methods • Metastasis • Multiscale modeling • Parallel algorithms • Parallel computers
- Recent Publications
- Randles, A; Frakes, DH; Leopold, JA, Computational Fluid Dynamics and Additive Manufacturing to Diagnose and Treat Cardiovascular Disease.,
Trends in Biotechnology, vol. 35 no. 11
pp. 1049-1061 [doi] [abs]
- Gounley, J; Vardhan, M; Randles, A, A computational framework to assess the influence of changes in vascular geometry on blood flow,
PASC 2017 - Proceedings of the Platform for Advanced Scientific Computing Conference
(June, 2017), ISBN 9781450350624 [doi] [abs]
- Dabagh, M; Jalali, P; Butler, PJ; Randles, A; Tarbell, JM, Mechanotransmission in endothelial cells subjected to oscillatory and multi-directional shear flow.,
Journal of the Royal Society Interface, vol. 14 no. 130
(May, 2017) [doi] [abs]
- Gounley, J; Draeger, EW; Randles, A, Numerical simulation of a compound capsule in a constricted microchannel.,
Procedia Computer Science, vol. 108
pp. 175-184 [doi] [abs]
- Laurence, TA; Ly, S; Fong, E; Shusteff, M; Randles, A; Gounley, J; Draeger, E, Using stroboscopic flow imaging to validate large-scale computational fluid dynamics simulations,
Proceedings of SPIE, vol. 10076
(January, 2017), ISBN 9781510605930 [doi] [abs]
- Recent Grant Support
- Toward coupled multiphysics models of hemodynamics on leadership systems, National Institutes of Health, 7DP5-OD019876-02, 2014/09-2019/08.
- Training in Medical Imaging, National Institutes of Health, 2003/07-2019/08.
- 3D bioprinting microenvironment for studying cancer metastasis, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, B614628, 2017/05-2018/10.
- Hartwell Fellowship, Hartwell Foundation, 2017/10-2018/09.
- Validation of a Novel Therapeutic Approach for Cryptococcal Meningitis, Minnetronix, Inc, 2017/01-2017/12.
- ORNL Joint Faculty Appointment for Amanda Randles, UT-Battelle, LLC, 4000152260, 2017/02-2017/09.
- Using GPU-Accelerated Computational Fluid Dynamics to Study In-stent Restenosis, Oak Ridge Associated Universities, 2016/06-2017/05.