Math @ Duke
Stephen P. Shipman, Visiting Assistant Professor
Please note: Stephen has left the Mathematics department at Duke University; some info here might not be up to date.
- Contact Info:
- B. S. Mathematics (Magna cum Laude), University of Arizona, 1990
Ph. D. Mathematics, University of Arizona, 1997
- Research Interests: Partial Differential Equations / Electromagnetics
Electromagnetic waves in photonic crystals.
Singular limits of integrable systems, continuum limits, inverse spectral theory
- Recent Publications
- Stephen P. Shipman, Stephanos Venakides, Electromagnetic Bound States, Resonances, and Transmission Anomalies in Photonic Crystal Slabs,
Submitted to SIAM J. Appl. Math.
- Stephen P. Shipman, The Spectral Transform in the Semiclassical Limit of a Finite Discrete NLS Chain,
Physica D: Nonlinear Phenomena, Vol. 162, Nos 1-2 (2002), 95-129
- M. Haider, S. Shipman, S. Venakides, Boundary Integral Calculations of Photonic Bandgaps and Resonances for 2-D Lattices with Circular Dielectrics,
SIAM J. Appl. Math.
(Accepted, 0) [pdf] [abs]
- Stephen P. Shipman, WKB Analysis in the Semiclassical Limit of a Discrete NLS System,
IMA Proceedings, 2000
- Stephen P Shipman, Modulated Waves in a Semiclassical Continuum Limit of an Integrable NLS Chain,
Communications on Pure and Applied Mathematics, Vol. LIII, No. 2
Duke University, Box 90320
Durham, NC 27708-0320