Ann T. Skinner
Research Project Manager
Ann Skinner, who has been employed at the Center since 2001, is the research project manager for Parenting Across Cultures.
Prior to her work with Parenting Across Cultures, Skinner was a senior school specialist and research analyst on the GREAT Schools and Families middle school violence prevention project at the Center, and Project CLASS, an
intervention designed to test two programs aimed at improving academic skills for elementary students with attention problems. Skinner's other work at the Center includes the Z. Smith Reynolds Professional Development Initiative and program evaluation activities.
Skinner has a Master's degree in education from the College of William and Mary with a focus on teaching students with emotional
and learning disabilities. Before joining the Center, she worked as a special education teacher, trainer and supervisor in the North
Carolina public schools and at residential facilities for at-risk youth in Rhode Island and North Carolina.
- Lansford, J.E., Skinner, A.T., Sorbring, E., di Guunta, L., Deater-Deckard, K., Dodge, K.A., et al. (2012). Boys’ and girls’ relational and physical aggression in nine countries. Aggressive Behavior, 38, 298-308.
- Huang, L., Malone, P. S., Lansford, J. E., Deater-Deckard, K., Di Giunnta, L., Bombi, A. S., Bornstein, M. H., Chang, L., Dodge, K. A., Oburu, P., Pastorelli, C., Skinner, A. T., Sorbring, E., Tapanya, S, Uribe Tirado, L. M., Zelli, A., Alampay, L., Al-Hassan, S. M., & Bacchini, D. (2012). Measurement invariance of mother reports of discipline in different cultural contexts. Family Science, 2(3), 212-219.
- Lansford, J.E., Bornstein, M.H., Dodge, K.A., Skinner, A.T., Putnick, D.L., & Deater-Deckard, K. (2011). Attributions and Attitudes of Mothers and Fathers in the United States. Parenting: Science and Practice, 11, 199-213.
- Rabiner, D.L., Murray, D.W., Rosen, L., Hardy, K., Skinner, A., Underwood, M. (2010).
Instability in teacher ratings of children's inattentive symptoms: Implications for the assessment of ADHD. Journal of Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics, 31(3).
- Lansford, J. E., L. P. Alampay, et al. (2010: 672780).
Corporal punishment of children in nine countries as a function of child gender and parent gender. International journal of pediatrics.
- Child adjustment and parenting practices following exposure to Kenyan postelection violence, Poster presented at the biennial meeting of the Society for Research in Child Development, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, March, 2011
- Parenting correlates of relational, physical and nonphysical aggression in an international sample, Poster presented at the biennial meeting of the Society for Research on Adolescence, Philadelphia, PA, March, 2010
- Teacher expectations and self-efficacy for working with bullies and victims, Poster presented by Leslie Babinski at the American Psychological Association Convention in Toronto, Canada, September 23, 2009
Ann T. Skinner
Office: Erwin Square Mill Building, Bay C, Room 206
Phone: (919) 668-3293
Fax: (919) 668-6923
Duke Box 90539, Durham, NC 27708-0539