Harris M. Cooper, Professor of Education and Hugo L. Blomquist Professor of Psychology and Neuroscience
- Social Psychology, 1976
- PhD Social Psychology, University of Connecticut, 1976
- Ph.D., University of Connecticut, 1975
- M.A., University of Connecticut, 1974
- B.A., State University of New York at Stony Brook, 1972
- BA Psychology and Sociology, SUNY at Stony Brook, 1972
- Contact Info:
- (919) 660-5664
- Research Interests: Research synthesis, applications of social psychology to educational policy issues, homework, school calendars, after school programs.
- Representative Publications
- H Cooper, LV Hedges and JC Valentine. The Handbook of Research Synthesis and Meta-Analysis. google-books. 2nd Edition Russell Sage Foundation, 2009. 632 pages pp. [abs]
- H Cooper, JC Robinson and EA Patall. "Does homework improve academic achievement? A synthesis of research, 1987-2003." Review of Educational Research 76.1 (2006): 1-62. [doi] [abs]
- H.M. Cooper, Charlton, K., Valentine, J. & Muhlenbruck, L.. Making the Most of Summer School. Monographs Series of the Society for Research in Child Development Blackwell, 2000.