Nineteenth-century French literature and culture; critical theory; literature and science; literature and technology.
- Recent Papers, Books and Preprints
- Bell, DF, Real Time: Accelerating Narrative from Balzac to Zola
(2004), Champaign: University of Illinois Press.
- Bell, DF, Circumstances: Chance in the Literary Text
(1993), Lincoln: University of Nebraska Press.
- Bell, DF, Here, There, Anywhere,
Spec. Issue "After 9/11: European Perspectives," Contemporary French Civilization, vol. 29 no. 2
- Bell, DF, Writing, movement /space, democracy: On Jacques Rancière's literary history,
Substance, vol. 33 no. 1
pp. 126-140 [Gateway.cgi], [doi].
- Bell, DF, Infinite Archives,
Spec. Issue "Overload," Substance, vol. 33 no. 3
pp. 148-161 [Gateway.cgi], [doi].
- Bell, DF, Vitesse et présent dans Lucien Leuwen,
L'Année Stendhalienne, vol. 4
- Bell, DF, Gustave Le Rouge et La Conspiration des milliardaires: M.A.D. avant la lettre,
Spec. Issue "Science Et Littérature," Alliage, vol. 57-58
- Bell, DF, Technologies of Speed, Technologies of Crime,
Yale French Studies no. 108
pp. 8-8, JSTOR [Gateway.cgi], [doi].