- Ph.D. University of Minnesota, Twin Cities 1998
- M.A. University of Minnesota, Twin Cities 1994
- B.A. Mount Holyoke College 1990
Film Theory & History
- Curriculum Vitae
- Representative Publications
- Mottahedeh, N, Representing the Unpresentable: Images of Reform from the Qajars to the Islamic Republic of Iran
(2008), Syracuse University Press [html].
- Mottahedeh, N, Displaced Allegories: Post-Revolutionary Iranian Cinema
(2008), Duke University Press [books.php3].
- Mottahedeh, N, 'Life is Color!' Towards a Transnational Feminist Analysis of Mohsen Makhmalbaf's 'Gabbeh',
Signs, vol. 30 no. 1
pp. 1403-1426, University of Chicago Press (Special Issue on film feminisms.) [doi] [abs].
- Mottahedeh, N, Off the Grid: Reading Iranian Memoirs in Our Time of Total War,
Middle East Research and Information Project
(September, 2004) [html].
- Mottahedeh, N, Collection and Recollection: On Studying the Early History of Motion Pictures in Iran,
Early Popular Visual Culture, vol. 6 no. 2
pp. 103-120, Informa UK Limited [doi].