D. Sunshine Hillygus, Associate Professor
- Contact Info:
Teaching (Fall 2015):
- POLSCI 239S.01, POLITICAL COMMUNICATION
- Gross Hall 105, Tu 03:05 PM-05:35 PM
- Office Hours:
- Tuesday 1:30-2:30, Thursday 11:30-12:30
- PhD, Stanford University, 2003
- MA, University of Arkansas, 1998
- BA, University of Arkansas, 1996
Behavior & Identities
- Research Interests:
Professor Hillygus has published widely on the topics of American political behavior, campaigns and elections, survey methods, public opinion, and information technology and politics. She is co-author of The Persuadable Voter: Wedge Issues in Political Campaigns (Princeton University Press, 2008) and The Hard Count: The Social and Political Challenges of the 2000 Census (Russell Sage Foundation, 2006). From 2003-2009, she taught at Harvard University, where she was the
Frederick S. Danziger Associate Professor of Government and founding director of the Program on Survey Research.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Recent Publications
- Frankel, Laura and D.S. Hillygus, Niche Communication in Political Campaigns,
in Oxford Handbook on Political Communication, edited by Kathleen Hall Jamieson and Kate Kenski
(2014), Oxford University Press .
- Hillygus, D.S., N. Jackson, and M. Young, “Professional Respondents in Online Survey Panels,” Online Panel Research - A Data Quality Perspective.,
in Online Panel Research - A Data Quality Perspective, edited by M.Callegaro, R. Baker, P. Lavrakas, J. Krosnick, J. Bethlehem, and A. Gritz
(2014), Wiley .
- Aldrich, J., B. Bishop, R. Hatch, D.S. Hillygus, and D. Rohde, Blame, Responsibility, and the Tea Party in the 2010 Midterm Elections,
- Deng, Y., D.S. Hillygus, J. Reiter, and Y. Si., Handling Attrition in Longitudinal Studies: The Case for Refreshment Samples,
Statistical Science, vol. 28 no. 2
pp. 238-256 .
- Frankel, Laura and D. Sunshine Hillygus, Panel Attrition and the Survey Experience,