Cultural and Literary Connections between Italy and German-speaking Countries, Modernism, Translation Studies, Jewish Studies, and Issues of Identity, (especially as they relate to modern Italian literature).
- Recent Papers, Books and Preprints
- Ziolkowski, S, Thomas Bernhard, Italo Calvino, Elena Ferrante, and Claudio Magris: From Postmodernism to Anti-Semitism,
in Thomas Bernhard's Afterlives
pp. 183-206, Bloomsbury Publishing USA [abs].
- Ziolkowski, S, Kafka's Italian Progeny
(2020), University of Toronto Press.
- Ziolkowski, S, “THE WORD ILLEGAL DIDN’T MAKE SENSE ANYMORE”,
(October, 2019) [abs].
- Ziolkowski, S, THRESHOLDS AND MOTHERS: ELSA MORANTE’S “ARTURO’S ISLAND,” TRANSLATED FROM ITALIAN BY ANN GOLDSTEIN,
Reading in Translation
(September, 2019) [abs].
- Ziolkowski, S, Kafka Transformed (Review of Kafka’s Konundrum for Public Books),