Teaching (Fall 2021):
- AMES 195S.01, GTWY: RETHINKING ASIA AND ME
- Crowell 107, TuTh 03:30 PM-04:45 PM
- AMES 790S.01, TOPICS IN ASIAN HUMANITIES
- Class Bldg 106, TuTh 08:30 AM-09:45 AM
- Office Hours:
- Wed. 3:00-5:00.
- Ph.D. Columbia University 2000
- B.A. Cornell University 1995
- Research Interests:
Ghost Protocol: Development and Displacement in Global China (Duke University Press, 2015), co-editor with Ralph Litzinger, The Oxford Handbook of Modern Chinese Literatures (Oxford University Press, 2015), co-editor with Andrea Bachner, Ng Kim Chew, From Island to Island: Dari Pulau Ke Pulau, translator (Columbia University Press, 2015)
Carlos Rojas is Associate Professor of Chinese Cultural Studies, Women’s Studies, and Arts of the Moving Image, and his research focuses on issues of gender and visuality, corporeality and infection, and nationalism and diaspora studies.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Representative Publications
- Carlos Rojas, Homesickness: Culture, Contagion, and National Reform in Modern China
(2015), Harvard University Press.
- Yan Lianke (Carlos Rojas, trans.), The Four Books
- Carlos Rojas and Eileen Chow, Oxford Handbook of Chinese Cinemas
(2013), Oxford University Press.
- Yan Lianke (Carlos Rojas, trans.), Lenin's Kisses
(2012), Grove/Atlantic Press.
- Carlos Rojas, Discourses of Disease,
special issue of Modern Chinese Literature and Culture
- Rojas, C, The Great Wall: A Cultural History
(2010), Harvard University Press.
- Carlos Rojas and Eileen Cheng-yin Chow, Rethinking Chinese Popular Culture: Cannibalizations of the Canon, edited by Rojas, C; Cheng-yin Chow, E
- Yu Hua (Eileen Cheng-yin Chow and Carlos Rojas, trans.), Brothers: A Novel
(2009), Pantheon (Translation short-listed for the 2008 Man Asian Literary Prize.).
- Rojas, C, The Naked Gaze: Reflections on Chinese Modernity
(2008), Harvard University Asia Center.
- David Der-wei Wang and Carlos Rojas, Writing Taiwan: A New Literary History, edited by Der-wei Wang, D; Rojas, C
(2007), Duke University Press.