Math @ Duke
Marc D. Ryser, Assistant Professor of Population Health Sciences and Instructor of Mathematics and Member of Duke Cancer Institute
For a detailed description of past and current research projects, please visit
- Contact Info:
Teaching (Spring 2019):
- MATH 89S.01, FIRST-YEAR SEMINAR (TOP)
- Physics 227, MW 04:40 PM-05:55 PM
|Ph.D.||McGill University (Canada)||2011|
- Research Interests:
Please visit my personal site for information about me and my research
- Bone and Bones • Bone Neoplasms • Bone Resorption • Chemotaxis • Computational Biology • Computer Simulation • Fractures, Bone • Gene Expression Profiling • Homeostasis • Meta-Analysis as Topic • Models, Biological • Osteoblasts • Osteoprotegerin • Parathyroid Hormone-Related Protein • RANK Ligand • Solubility • Time Factors
- Recent Publications
- Ryser, MD; Gulati, R; Eisenberg, MC; Shen, Y; Hwang, ES; Etzioni, RB, Identification of the Fraction of Indolent Tumors and Associated Overdiagnosis in Breast Cancer Screening Trials.,
American Journal of Epidemiology
(October, 2018) [doi] [abs]
- Ryser, MD; Min, B-H; Siegmund, KD; Shibata, D, Spatial mutation patterns as markers of early colorectal tumor cell mobility.,
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 115 no. 22
pp. 5774-5779 [doi] [abs]
- Role of Preoperative Variables in Reducing the Rate of Occult Invasive Disease for Women Considering Active Surveillance for Ductal Carcinoma In Situ.,
Jama Surgery, vol. 153 no. 3
pp. 290-291 [doi]
- Ryser, MD; Horton, JK; Hwang, ES, How Low Can We Go-and Should We? Risk Reduction for Minimal-Volume DCIS.,
Annals of Surgical Oncology, vol. 25 no. 2
pp. 354-355 [doi]
- Ryser, MD; Weaver, DL; Marks, JR; Hyslop, T; Hwang, ES, Quantifying the natural history and overtreatment rate of ductal carcinoma in situ,
Cancer Research, vol. 78 no. 4
- Recent Grant Support
- The Mathematics of Breast Cancer Overtreatment: Improving Treatment Choice through Effective Communication of Personalized Cancer Risk, National Institutes of Health, 2018/09-2021/08.
- Molecular and Radiologic Predictors of Invasion in a DCIS Active Surveillance Cohort, Breast Cancer Research Foundation, 2018/10-2019/09.
- Mathematical Analysis of Spatial Cancer Models, National Science Foundation, 1614838, 2016/07-2019/06.
- The Mathematics of Breast Cancer Overtreatment: Improving Treatment Choice through Effective Communication of Personalized Cancer Risk, National Institutes of Health, 2016/09-2018/08.
Duke University, Box 90320
Durham, NC 27708-0320