Math @ Duke
Xiuyuan Cheng, Associate Professor
As an applied analyst, I develop theoretical and computational techniques to solve problems in high-dimensional statistics, signal processing and machine learning.
- Contact Info:
- Recent Publications
- Tan, Y; Zhang, Y; Cheng, X; Zhou, X-H, Statistical inference using GLEaM model with spatial heterogeneity and correlation between regions.,
Scientific Reports, vol. 12 no. 1
pp. 16630 [doi] [abs]
- Zhao, J; Jaffe, A; Li, H; Lindenbaum, O; Sefik, E; Jackson, R; Cheng, X; Flavell, RA; Kluger, Y, Detection of differentially abundant cell subpopulations in scRNA-seq data.,
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 118 no. 22
pp. e2100293118 [doi] [abs]
- Zhang, Y; Cheng, X; Reeves, G, Convergence of Gaussian-smoothed optimal transport distance with sub-gamma distributions and dependent samples,
24th International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Statistics (Aistats), vol. 130
- Li, Y; Cheng, X; Lu, J, Butterfly-net: Optimal function representation based on convolutional neural networks,
Communications in Computational Physics, vol. 28 no. 5
pp. 1838-1885 [doi] [abs]
- Mhaskar, HN; Cheng, X; Cloninger, A, A Witness Function Based Construction of Discriminative Models Using Hermite Polynomials,
Frontiers in Applied Mathematics and Statistics, vol. 6
(August, 2020) [doi] [abs]
- Recent Grant Support
- RTG: Training Tomorrow's Workforce in Analysis and Applications, National Science Foundation, 2021/07-2026/06.
- Bridging Statistical Hypothesis Tests and Deep Learning for Reliability and Computational Efficiency, Georgia Tech Research Corporation, 2022/01-2024/12.
- NSF-BSF: Group Invariant Graph Laplacians: Theory and Computations, National Science Foundation, 2020/07-2024/06.
- Sloan Foundation Fellowship for Xiuyuan Cheng in Mathematics, Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, 2019/09-2023/09.
- Efficient Methods for Calibration, Clustering, Visualization and Imputation of Large scRNA-seq Data, Yale University, 2019/05-2023/01.
- HDR TRIPODS: Innovations in Data Science: Integrating Stochastic Modeling, Data Representation, and Algorithms, National Science Foundation, 2019/10-2022/09.
- CDS&E: Structure-aware Representation Learning using Deep Networks, National Science Foundation, DMS-NSF-1820827-01, 2018/07-2022/06.
- Collaborative Research: Geometric Analysis and Computation of Generative Models, National Science Foundation, DMS-1818945, 2018/07-2022/06.
Duke University, Box 90320
Durham, NC 27708-0320