Math @ Duke
Xiuyuan Cheng, Assistant Professor
As an applied analyst, I develop theoretical and computational techniques to solve problems in high-dimensional statistics, signal processing and machine learning.
- Contact Info:
Teaching (Fall 2019):
- MATH 561.01, NUMERICAL LINEAR ALGEBRA
- Gross Hall 104, TuTh 01:25 PM-02:40 PM
- Recent Publications
- Cheng, X; Rachh, M; Steinerberger, S, On the diffusion geometry of graph Laplacians and applications,
Applied and Computational Harmonic Analysis, vol. 46 no. 3
pp. 674-688, Elsevier BV [doi]
- Cheng, X; Mishne, G; Steinerberger, S, The geometry of nodal sets and outlier detection,
Journal of Number Theory, vol. 185
pp. 48-64, Elsevier BV [doi]
- Yan, B; Sarkar, P; Cheng, X, Provable estimation of the number of blocks in block models,
International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Statistics, Aistats 2018
pp. 1185-1194 [abs]
- Qiu, Q; Cheng, X; Calderbank, AR; Sapiro, G, DCFNet: Deep Neural Network with Decomposed Convolutional Filters., edited by Dy, JG; Krause, A,
Icml, vol. 80
pp. 4195-4204, PMLR
- Lu, J; Lu, Y; Wang, X; Li, X; Linderman, GC; Wu, C; Cheng, X; Mu, L; Zhang, H; Liu, J; Su, M; Zhao, H; Spatz, ES; Spertus, JA; Masoudi, FA; Krumholz, HM; Jiang, L, Prevalence, awareness, treatment, and control of hypertension in China: data from 1·7 million adults in a population-based screening study (China PEACE Million Persons Project),
Lancet (London, England), vol. 390 no. 10112
pp. 2549-2558, Elsevier BV [doi]
- Recent Grant Support
- Efficient Methods for Calibration, Clustering, Visualization and Imputation of Large scRNA-seq Data, Yale University, 2019/05-2023/01.
- HDR TRIPODS: Innovations in Data Science: Integrating Stochastic Modeling, Data Representation, and Algorithms, National Science Foundation, 2019/10-2022/09.
- Sloan Foundation Fellowship for Xiuyuan Cheng in Mathematics, Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, 2019/09-2021/09.
- CDS&E: Structure-aware Representation Learning using Deep Networks, National Science Foundation, DMS-NSF-1820827-01, 2018/07-2021/06.
- Collaborative Research: Geometric Analysis and Computation of Generative Models, National Science Foundation, DMS-1818945, 2018/07-2021/06.
Duke University, Box 90320
Durham, NC 27708-0320