Susan C. Alberts, Robert F. Durden Professor
Ph.D., University of Chicago, 1992
M.A., University of California at Los Angeles, 1987
B.A., Reed College, 1983
Organismal Biology and Behavior
Ecology and Population Biology
Research Categories: Behavorial ecology and ecological genetics of large mammals
- Charpentier, MJE; Van Horn, RC; Altmann, J; Alberts, SC, Paternal effects on offspring fitness in a multimale primate society., Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of USA, vol. 105 no. 6 (2008), pp. 1988-1992 , [doi] [abs].
- Tung, J; Charpentier, MJE; Garfield, DA; Altmann, J; Alberts, SC, Genetic evidence reveals temporal change in hybridization patterns in a wild baboon population., Molecular Ecology, vol. 17 no. 8 (April, 2008), pp. 1998-2011 , [doi] [abs].
- Charpentier, MJE; Tung, J; Altmann, J; Alberts, SC, Age at maturity in wild baboons: genetic, environmental and demographic influences., Molecular Ecology, vol. 17 no. 8 (2008), pp. 2026-2040 , [doi] [abs].
- Archie, EA; Hollister-Smith, JA; Poole, JH; Lee, PC; Moss, CJ; Maldonado, JE; Fleischer, RC; Alberts, SC, Behavioural inbreeding avoidance in wild African elephants, Molecular Ecology, vol. 16 no. 19 (2007), pp. 4138-4148 [doi] [abs].
- Horn, RCV; Buchan, JC; Altmann, J; Alberts, SC, Divided destinies: Group choice by female savannah baboons during social group fission, Behavioral Ecology and Sociobiology, vol. 61 no. 12 (2007), pp. 1823-1837 [doi] [abs].
- Hollister Smith, JA; Poole, JH; Archie, EA; Vance, EA; Georgiadis, NJ; Moss, CJ; Alberts, SC, Paternity success in wild African elephants, Animal Behaviour, vol. 74 no. 2 (2007), pp. 287-296 [doi] [abs].