Susan C. Alberts, Robert F. Durden Professor
Ph.D., University of Chicago, 1992
M.A., University of California at Los Angeles, 1987
B.A., Reed College, 1983
Organismal Biology and Behavior
Ecology and Population Biology
Research Categories: Behavorial ecology and ecological genetics of large mammals
- MJ Charpentier, RC Van Horn, J Altmann and SC Alberts, Paternal effects on offspring fitness in a multimale primate society., Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A, vol. 105 no. 6 (2008), pp. 1988-1992 , [doi] [abs].
- J Tung, MJ Charpentier, DA Garfield, J Altmann and SC Alberts, Genetic evidence reveals temporal change in hybridization patterns in a wild baboon population., Mol Ecol, vol. 17 no. 8 (April, 2008), pp. 1998-2011 , [doi] [abs].
- MJ Charpentier, J Tung, J Altmann and SC Alberts, Age at maturity in wild baboons: genetic, environmental and demographic influences., Mol Ecol, vol. 17 no. 8 (2008), pp. 2026-2040 , [doi] [abs].
- EA Archie, JA Hollister-Smith, JH Poole, PC Lee, CJ Moss, JE Maldonado, RC Fleischer and SC Alberts, Behavioural inbreeding avoidance in wild African elephants, Molecular Ecology, vol. 16 no. 19 (2007), pp. 4138-4148 [doi] [abs].
- RCV Horn, JC Buchan, J Altmann and SC Alberts, Divided destinies: Group choice by female savannah baboons during social group fission, Behavioral Ecology and Sociobiology, vol. 61 no. 12 (2007), pp. 1823-1837 [doi] [abs].
- JA Hollister Smith, JH Poole, EA Archie, EA Vance, NJ Georgiadis, CJ Moss and SC Alberts, Paternity success in wild African elephants, Animal Behaviour, vol. 74 no. 2 (January, 2013), pp. 287-296 [doi] [abs].