Rytas J. Vilgalys, Professor
Ph.D., Virginia Polytech Institute and State University, 1985
MS Botany, Virginia Tech, 1982
M.S., Virginia Polytech Institute and State University, 1981
BA Botany, State University of New York College at Geneseo, 1978
B.A., State University of New York at Geneseo, 1978
Office Location: Room 137, Biological Sciences Building, 130 Science Drive, Durham, NC 27708
Office Phone: (919) 660-7361
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Page: http://www.biology.duke.edu/fungi/mycolab/
Additional Web Page: http://www.biology.duke.edu/fungi/mycolab/
Research Categories: Phylogenetic systematics and molecular evolution in fungi
- Benítez, M-S; Hersh, MH; Vilgalys, R; Clark, JS, Pathogen regulation of plant diversity via effective specialization., Trends in Ecology and Evolution, vol. 28 no. 12 (December, 2013), pp. 705-711 , [doi] [abs].
- Gryganskyi, AP; Humber, RA; Stajich, JE; Mullens, B; Anishchenko, IM; Vilgalys, R, Sequential Utilization of Hosts from Different Fly Families by Genetically Distinct, Sympatric Populations within the Entomophthora muscae Species Complex, PloS one, vol. 8 no. 8 (2013), pp. e71168 [doi] [abs].
- Bonito, G; Smith, ME; Nowak, M; Healy, RA; Guevara, G; Cázares, E; Kinoshita, A; Nouhra, ER; Domínguez, LS; Tedersoo, L; Murat, C; Wang, Y; Moreno, BA; Pfister, DH; Nara, K; Zambonelli, A; Trappe, JM; Vilgalys, R, Historical biogeography and diversification of truffles in the Tuberaceae and their newly identified southern hemisphere sister lineage., PloS one, vol. 8 no. 1 (2013), pp. e52765 , [doi] [abs].
- Smith, M E and Henkel, T W and Uehling, J K and Fremier, A K and Clarke, H D and Vilgalys, R, The Ectomycorrhizal Fungal Community in a Neotropical Forest Dominated by the Endemic Dipterocarp Pakaraimaea dipterocarpacea, PLoS ONE, vol. 8 no. 1 (January, 2013), pp. e55160 .
- Weber, CF; Vilgalys, R; Kuske, CR, Changes in fungal community composition in response to elevated atmospheric CO2 and nitrogen fertilization varies with soil horizon, Frontiers in Microbiology, vol. 4 no. APR (2013), pp. 1--14 [doi] [abs].
- Shakya, M; Gottel, N; Castro, H; Yang, ZK; Gunter, L; Labbé, J; Muchero, W; Bonito, G; Vilgalys, R; Tuskan, G; al, E, A Multifactor Analysis of Fungal and Bacterial Community Structure in the Root Microbiome of Mature Populus deltoides Trees, PloS one, vol. 8 no. 10 (2013), pp. e76382 [doi] [abs].
- Hersh, MH; Vilgalys, R; Clark, JS, Evaluating the impacts of multiple generalist fungal pathogens on temperate tree seedling survival., Ecology, vol. 93 no. 3 (March, 2012), pp. 511-520  [abs].
- Dunbar, J; Eichorst, SA; Gallegos-Graves, LV; Silva, S; Xie, G; Hengartner, NW; Evans, RD; Hungate, BA; Jackson, RB; Megonigal, JP; Schadt, CW; Vilgalys, R; Zak, DR; Kuske, CR, Common bacterial responses in six ecosystems exposed to 10 years of elevated atmospheric carbon dioxide, Environmental Microbiology, vol. 14 no. 5 (2012), pp. 1145-1158 [doi] [abs].
- Weber, CF; Zak, DR; Hungate, BA; Jackson, RB; Vilgalys, R; Evans, RD; Schadt, CW; Megonigal, JP; Kuske, CR, Responses of soil cellulolytic fungal communities to elevated atmospheric CO 2 are complex and variable across five ecosystems, Environmental Microbiology, vol. 13 no. 10 (2011), pp. 2778-2793 [abstract], [doi] [abs].
- Gottel, NR; Castro, HF; Kerley, M; Yang, Z; Pelletier, DA; Podar, M; Karpinets, T; Uberbacher, E; Tuskan, GA; Vilgalys, R; Doktycz, MJ; Schadt, CW, Distinct microbial communities within the endosphere and rhizosphere of Populus deltoides roots across contrasting soil types, Applied and environmental microbiology, vol. 77 no. 17 (2011), pp. 5934-5944 , [doi] [abs].