Sonke Johnsen, Professor
Ph.D., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1996
B.A., Swarthmore College, 1988
Office Location: 301 Bio Sci Bldg, Durham, NC 27708
Office Phone: (919) 660-7321
Email Address: email@example.com
Web Page: http://www.biology.duke.edu/johnsenlab/
Additional Web Page: http://www.biology.duke.edu/johnsenlab/
Organismal Biology and Behavior
Ecology and Population Biology
Research Categories: Comparative physiology; focusing on vision, crypsis, optics, and bioluminescence in the open ocean
- Cronin, TW; Johnsen, S, Extraocular, Non-Visual, and Simple Photoreceptors: An Introduction to the Symposium., Integrative and Comparative Biology (BioOne), vol. 56 no. 5 (November, 2016), pp. 758-763 [doi] [abs].
- Speiser, DI; Gagnon, YL; Chhetri, RK; Oldenburg, AL; Johnsen, S, Examining the Effects of Chromatic Aberration, Object Distance, and Eye Shape on Image-Formation in the Mirror-Based Eyes of the Bay Scallop Argopecten irradians., Integrative and Comparative Biology (BioOne), vol. 56 no. 5 (November, 2016), pp. 796-808 [doi] [abs].
- Tedore, C; Johnsen, S, Disentangling the visual cues used by a jumping spider to locate its microhabitat., The Journal of experimental biology, vol. 219 no. Pt 15 (August, 2016), pp. 2396-2401 [doi] [abs].
- Johnsen, S; Gagnon, YL; Marshall, NJ; Cronin, TW; Gruev, V; Powell, S, Polarization vision seldom increases the sighting distance of silvery fish., Current Biology, vol. 26 no. 16 (August, 2016), pp. R752-R754 [doi] [abs].
- Wilkins, L; Marshall, NJ; Johnsen, S; Osorio, D, Modelling colour constancy in fish: implications for vision and signalling in water., The Journal of experimental biology, vol. 219 no. Pt 12 (June, 2016), pp. 1884-1892 [doi] [abs].