Sonke Johnsen, Professor
Ph.D., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1996
B.A., Swarthmore College, 1988
Office Location: 301 Bio Sci Bldg, Durham, NC 27708
Office Phone: (919) 660-7321
Email Address: email@example.com
Web Page: http://www.biology.duke.edu/johnsenlab/
Additional Web Page: http://www.biology.duke.edu/johnsenlab/
Organismal Biology and Behavior
Ecology and Population Biology
Research Categories: Comparative physiology; focusing on vision, crypsis, optics, and bioluminescence in the open ocean
- CN Bedore, SM Kajiura and S Johnsen, Freezing behaviour facilitates bioelectric crypsis in cuttlefish faced with predation risk., Proceedings. Biological sciences / The Royal Society, vol. 282 no. 1820 (December, 2015), pp. 20151886 [repository], [doi] [abs].
- YL Gagnon, TT Sutton and S Johnsen, Corrigendum to "Visual acuity in pelagic fishes and mollusks" [Vis. Res. 92 (2013) 1-9] doi:10.1016/j.visres.2013.08.007, Vision Research, vol. 115 (October, 2015), pp. 155-156 [doi] .
- C Tedore and S Johnsen, Immunological dependence of plant-dwelling animals on the medicinal properties of their plant substrates: a preliminary test of a novel evolutionary hypothesis, Arthropod-Plant Interactions, vol. 9 no. 5 (October, 2015), pp. 437-446 [doi] .
- C Tedore and S Johnsen, Visual mutual assessment of size in male Lyssomanes viridis jumping spider contests, Behavioral Ecology, vol. 26 no. 2 (Submitted, 2014), pp. 510-518 [doi] .
- G Palmer and S Johnsen, Downwelling spectral irradiance during evening twilight as a function of the lunar phase., Applied optics, vol. 54 no. 4 (February, Accepted, 2015), pp. B85-B92 [doi] [abs].