Sonke Johnsen, Professor
PhD, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1996
BA with Distinction (highest honor), Swarthmore College, 1988
Organismal Biology and Behavior
Ecology and Population Biology
Research Categories: Comparative physiology; focusing on vision, crypsis, optics, and bioluminescence in the open ocean
- Akre, K. L. and S. Johnsen, Psychophysics and the evolution of behavior, Trends in Ecology and Evolution (Submitted, 2013) .
- Nilsson, D. E., Warrant, E. J., and S. Johnsen, Computational visual ecology in the pelagic realm, Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society of London, Series B (Accepted, 2013) .
- Warrant, E. J., and S. Johnsen, Vision and the light environment, Current Biology, vol. 23 (2013), pp. R990-R994 .
- Mohamed, A., Gilliland, K. O., Metlapally, S., Johnsen, S., and M. J. Costello, Simple Fixation and Storage Protocol for Preserving the Internal Structure of Intact Human Donor Lenses and Extracted Human Nuclear Cataract Specimens, molecular vision, vol. 19 (2013), pp. 2352-2359 .
- Johnsen, S., Hide and seek in the open sea: Pelagic camouflage and visual countermeasures, Annnual Review of Marine Science (Accepted, 2013) .