Math @ Duke
Mathematics Faculty: Research Interests
- Pankaj K. Agarwal, Adaptation, Biological, Algorithms, Amino Acid Sequence, Approximation algorithms, Base Pair Mismatch, Bayes Theorem, Biodiversity, Chromosome Mapping, Computational Biology, Data Interpretation, Statistical, DNA Transposable Elements, Ecology, Ecosystem, Forecasting, Models, Biological, Models, Chemical, Models, Molecular, Models, Statistical, Models, Theoretical, Navigation, Plant Transpiration, Plants, Protein Conformation, Proteins, Sensitivity and Specificity, Sequence Alignment, Sequence Analysis, DNA, Sequence Analysis, Protein, Software, Species Specificity, Stochastic Processes, Time Factors, Visibility
- Wilkins Aquino, Computational mechanics, finite element methods, computational inverse problems and their ...
- Paul S. Aspinwall, String Theory
- Hubert Bray, Geometric Analysis, General Relativity, Theoretical Astrophysics
- Robert Bryant, Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations and Differential Geometry
- John E. Dolbow, Animals, Approximation theory, Continuum mechanics, Elasticity, Finite Element Analysis, Fracture mechanics, Friction, Humans, Hydrodynamics, Lipid Bilayers, Materials Testing, Membrane Fluidity, Membrane Microdomains, Surface Properties, Thermodynamics
- Bruce R. Donald, Computational Biology, Computational Chemistry, Structural Biology, Biochemistry, Protein Design, Drug ...
- David B. Dunson, Nonparametric Bayes, Latent variable methods, Model uncertainty, Applications in epidemiology & genetics, Machine learning
- Richard T. Durrett, Mathematical Concepts, Models, Biological, Models, Statistical, Models, Theoretical, Population Dynamics, Probability
- Richard Hain, Topology of Algebraic Varieties, Hodge Theory, and Moduli of Curves
- Harold Layton, Mathematical Physiology
- Jian-Guo Liu, Applied Mathematics, Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations.
- Jianfeng Lu, Mathematical analysis and algorithm development for problems from
- Jonathan C. Mattingly, Applied mathematics, Probability, Ergodic Theory, Stochastic partial differential equations, Stochastic dynamical systems, Stochastic Numerical methods, Fluids
- Ezra Miller, Geometry, algebra, combinatorics, algorithms, probability, statistics, biology, neuroscience and other applications
- Sayan Mukherjee, Computational biology, geometry and topology, machine learning
- Lenhard L. Ng, Symplectic geometry, Low dimensional topology, Contact geometry, Knot theory, Holomorphic curves
- James H. Nolen, Partial differential equations, stochastic processes, random media, applied mathematics, asymptotic analysis
- M. Ronen Plesser, String Theory and Quantum Field Theory
- Michael C. Reed, Analysis, Applications of Mathematics to Physiology and Medicine
- Leslie Saper, Locally symmetric varieties, Number theory and automorphic forms,
L2-cohomology and intersection cohomology, Geometrical analysis of singularities
- Guillermo Sapiro, Image and video processing, computer vision, computer graphics,
computational vision, ...
- Chadmark L. Schoen, Algebraic Geometry
- Mark A. Stern, Geometric Analysis, Yang-Mills theory, Hodge theory, string theory
- Stephanos Venakides, Integrable systems, Wave motion in complex media, Mathematical biology
- Thomas P. Witelski, Fluid Dynamics, Perturbation Methods, Asymptotic Analysis, Nonlinear Ordinary and Partial differential equations
- Jayce R. Getz, Number theory
- Joseph D Rabinoff, Number theory, algebraic geometry
Associate Research Professor
- Paul L Bendich, I work in computational topology, which for me means adapting ...
- Heekyoung Hahn, Automorphic L-functions, Relative trace formula, Algebraic cycles and Representations of the classical groups
- Marc D. Ryser, Bone and Bones, Bone Neoplasms, Bone Resorption, Chemotaxis, Computational Biology, Computer Simulation, Fractures, Bone, Gene Expression Profiling, Homeostasis, Meta-Analysis as Topic, Models, Biological, Osteoblasts, Osteoprotegerin, Parathyroid Hormone-Related Protein, RANK Ligand, Solubility, Time Factors
Named Assistant Research Professor
- Yuan Gao, PDE, Calculus of Variation, Control Theory, Material Science
Professor of the Practice of Mathematics
- Clark Bray, Algebraic Topology
- William K. Allard, Scientific computing, particularly distributed computing; differential geometry; geometric measure theory; partial differential equations.
- J. Thomas Beale, Partial Differential Equations, Fluid Mechanics, Numerical Methods
- Lewis D. Blake, Teaching mathematics ...
- Jack Bookman, Mathematics Education
- John Harer, Computational Topology, Computational Biology, Algorithms
- Richard E. Hodel, Set-theoretic Topology, set theory, logic
- Joseph W. Kitchen, Functional Analysis
- David P. Kraines, Algebraic Topology and Game Theory
- Lawrence C. Moore, Mathematics Education and Functional Analysis
- William L. Pardon, Algebra and Geometry of Varieties
- David G. Schaeffer, Applied Mathematics, especially Partial Differential Equations
- David A. Smith, Mathematics Education
- John A. Trangenstein, Adaptive mesh refinement, Multigrid preconditioners
- Xin Zhou, Partial Differential Equations and Integrable Systems
- Rann Bar-On, Mathematics Education
- Brian Fitzpatrick, Algebraic Geometry, Category Theory, Homological Algebra
Duke University, Box 90320
Durham, NC 27708-0320